Good News on Covid testing Central Florida

sc4125

Hey, while researching something else about testing, I found that the Florida Health Department through Naomi Health opened drive through testing sites yesterday.  They will be testing (PCR or Abbot Rapid Antigen) from 8:00 - 6:00 seven days a week for at least 30 days.  I scheduled for my sister and I at the RP Center (old Civic Center) in Lakeland, but they also show 2 other sites in Polk County.  Scheduling was a piece of cake through the website and got email and text confirmations within minutes.

For those who live in other parts of Florida and are having problems getting a test, please look to see if the Health Department in your areas have also opened new sites.  

It was purely by accident that I found this - and again they just opened yesterday.  So relieved!

BTW I did cancel the test with CVS in Tampa - not sure if they would have cancelled anyway, but this way I don't have to drive for an hour and a half.

• Like 2

I did the PCR for my 8/14 MG cruise last week at CVS  I was tested at 3pm Wednesday and got the text from the lab and the Email from CVS before 10am on Thursday. Actually it was a relief knowing everyone on board had to be neg for the virus even if we did have to wear a mask while inside the ship. Most people did wear a mask. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable cruise.  

• Like 1

Manatee County has opened a walk-up testing center open 7 a.m. until 7 p.m., 7 days a week.  We plan to arrive during the first hour and will wait however long it takes.  Then breakfast out and a trip to the car wash to get ready for the drive to the port.  Our standards apparently were lowered during the pandemic, because we are looking forward to that day!