Are Canadians Getting PCR Test On RCCL to Return Back To Canada

Bronx12

We are wondering if any guests on Royal are getting PCR tests done on their cruises in order to return to Canada. We are cruising on Serenade of The Seas, out of Seattle, and doing a B2B to Alaska. We have spoken to Royal a couple of times and have received different answers. The agent this morning said that I was the first person she has spoken to ask for this specifically. She looked it up and said a PCR test is definitely required, and not an antigen test.  She gave me the number of the Special Access Department to call tomorrow, they were closed today when she tried to call. We are looking for any guests with experience with this. We want to fly home the same day we return to port, so a test would have to be done before arrival back to Seattle. Thinking outside of the box, I emailed a location in Ketchikan, which is our last port stop before returning to Seattle, but I have not heard back yet. We would stay in Seattle longer but we are still working full time and need to return to work 😞

Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions.

20 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

We are wondering if any guests on Royal are getting PCR tests done on their cruises in order to return to Canada. We are cruising on Serenade of The Seas, out of Seattle, and doing a B2B to Alaska.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Required Testing for All Guests Sailing From U.S. Homeports and Nassau, Bahamas

Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

6 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Required Testing for All Guests Sailing From U.S. Homeports and Nassau, Bahamas

Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard as well. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

I appreciate your answer, and I did read this, but the agent said they are only doing antigen tests, not the required PCR tests. Who knows, maybe PCR is an option and the agents are not informed of this. I just don't want to have to try to sort it out while on vacation.

Thanks again 🙂

I asked this same question to Royal via FB Messenger today. We are booked to do the TA from Barcelona to Port Canaveral on Oct 31st. The link they provided me (below) indicates Royal will provide the test required for re-entry to your onward country. There are several areas of Royals website showing they have the ability to do the PCR tests required for returning Canadians. It would be great to have this confirmed by a fellow Canadian who has recently cruised and returned to Canada the same day. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/the-arrival-country-requires-proof-negative-covid-19-test-who-will-administer-and-pay?fbclid=IwAR3g8N8jU75aZuTbgX518GPLQ_vCfT7JUHU2nw1jXxG7LYIYeRZYGch17Mo

Following 🙂  as our cruise is only in January but I would like to know if RCL is offering the PCR test.  I still plan to have a back-up plan to get the PCR (Miami airport for example).  At this point,  getting health insurance that covers Covid is also a factor for us to cruise.