Edge - cruise excursion only ?

spammie

Hi.  We will be on the Edge this Saturday cruising the Eastern.  We received an email last night that when we go to St. Maarten we can only get off the ship if we are on a cruise excursion.  If we book the beach excursion does that mean we are not allowed in any of the shops?  I understand why this is happening but I'm still disappointed.  

It’s really going to depend on which beach and if there are shops immediately at the beach facility.  If the beach property has shops, you can visit those. 

When the excursion is over the bus will drop you off at the port. Sometimes you can visit the shops which are in the parameter of the port. It’s very possible the shops may not even be open. 

When I was in St. Maarten in June, the shops were completely closed inside the port area. 

Do you know which beach you are going to? Perhaps someone has recently gone there and could provide more info. 

2 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

It’s really going to depend on which beach and if there are shops immediately at the beach facility.  If the beach property has shops, you can visit those. 

When the excursion is over the bus will drop you off at the port. Sometimes you can visit the shops which are in the parameter of the port. It’s very possible the shops may not even be open. 

When I was in St. Maarten in June, the shops were completely closed inside the port area. 

Do you know which beach you are going to? Perhaps someone has recently gone there and could provide more info. 

Thank you!  Great Bay Beach by Water Taxi.  

Interesting.

We're on the same cruise, but as far as I know, did not get that email (did get one on Monday about health and safety protocols). It's a moot point for us -- we decided to sit out excursions and are not leaving the ship on this cruise with things so unpredictable.

Just being able to cruise after nearly two years seems pretty good to us (and we've been to all three stops previously -- the ship and trying Celebrity are the major attractions for us this trip). 

That having been said, I'm not surprised that X is looking to keep a tight reign on people when off the ship, just to reduce the odds of someone bringing the virus on board.

Either way, have a great time -- maybe we'll bump into you (figuratively) at the Martini Bar.

• Like 2