Rapid Diagnostic Test ID NOW...Walgreens..

topaz123

Found a Walgreens (75 miles away) that does the Rapid Diagnostic  (ID NOW) testing. Can't find a Antigen test anywhere. Will CCL accept the ID NOW from walgreens  as ok, since I cant find a AntiGen test? I looked over the literature and can't find a reference to this test. It says 24 hour turn around...looks like I"ll be at the airport waiting on results because of the 3 day prior rule.

5 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

I am hoping more rapid ones are available where I live by the end of September - very few are showing up right now. Good luck!

Thanks.....We might be waiting at the hotel in Miami, hoping the results show up.....tick tock, tick tock.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, snowballs mom said:

ID NOW is an isothermal amplification NAAT, so it is acceptable.

This post shows the list from Carnival's website:

Is this posted in any Carnival ligature?  

I've heard of people being turned away with wrong test and want to be sure when we check in.

You won't be there to represent us, but Carnival will.

So would appreciate the help if you could find documentation.

I'm getting too old to be correct anymore....seems to miss a lot.

If not, I'll write to them......

Thank You for your help and post as this is good information to know, just want to be cautious.

28 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

I've heard of people being turned away with wrong test and want to be sure when we check in.

Thank You for your help and post as this is good information to know, just want to be cautious.

The post you're quoting has a link to another post with the link to Carnival's webpage for testing requirements.  What else do you want?

41 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

Try looking at http://www.carnival.com

1 hour ago, DGNewton said:

Which part are you unclear about? The Carnival website link is https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/return-to-service-faqs

Here is Abbott's marketing for ID NOW  https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/diagnostics-testing/how-id-now-tackles-covid-19.html

If you search Abbott's website they have technical information available, but that may be more than you would want to read on a Sunday morning. (I thought it was interesting because I am a retired lab rat.)

On 8/27/2021 at 12:51 PM, snowballs mom said:

I am hoping more rapid ones are available where I live by the end of September - very few are showing up right now. Good luck!

CVS only books 13 days out and I believe that Walgreens is only the day before. We chose CVS, I can vouch for the 13 days out. By the end of September a lot of things can change though.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, topaz123 said:

Found a Walgreens (75 miles away) that does the Rapid Diagnostic  (ID NOW) testing. Can't find a Antigen test anywhere. Will CCL accept the ID NOW from walgreens  as ok, since I cant find a AntiGen test? I looked over the literature and can't find a reference to this test. It says 24 hour turn around...looks like I"ll be at the airport waiting on results because of the 3 day prior rule.

I boarded Panorama on the 21st with ID Now tests.  CCL does accept them.