Koningsdam 1/31/23

The Jan 31/2023 Koningsdam cruise was doing 18 day HAWAII, along with. it also being a collector cruise for 25 days, HAWAII & Mexico.

The Zuiderdam had been scheduled  for the February 2023  HAWAII, TAHITI & MARQUESAS - 35 day cruise.   This is a popular itinerary and only available once a year.   The Zuiderdam was recently announced to be the ship for the World Cruise in 2023, starting January 03,2023.

So obviously, Zuiderdam cannot do the Tahiti, South Pacific cruise that year.  As Koningsdam is already doing cruises in the San Diego area, it was chosen to do the South Pacific 35 day cruise, thereby forcing cancellation of the January 31, 2023 sailing to Hawaii.

This announcement was on the heels of HAL cancelling the 2022 world cruise and also the 2022 South America, Antarctica Grand Voyage cruise,

As there have been rollovers from the 2021 and now 2022 world voyages, I guess HAL thought it best to go with a larger ship (Zuiderdam) for 2023 World cruise.   They have a LOT of cruisers to reposition over, never mind any new reservations.   I believe using the Zuiderdam will allow for 550 more capacity, and of course eill have more verandah staterooms than. the  older S and R  ships.

This change in deployment does NOT affect the January 14 sailing, asfar as I know.   The South Pacific cruise apparently will start in February 2023, so should not affect the January 14h Koningsdam itinerary 

I was booked for the Jan 31 Koningsdam, 25 day HAWAII & MEXICO, but have since chosen another cruise as replacement.

Carol

1 hour ago, highscar said:

What!!!  I’m booked on 14th Jan. Where did you hear this.  

The January 14 sailing should bot be affected, please read my post above, as the Koningsdam will be taking over the Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas 35 day sailing, in February,   That was the reason for the Jan 31 Hawaii sailing of Koningsdam - in order to free it up for the once a year South Pacific cruise,

Carol

4 hours ago, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

We were booked on a 25 night Hawaii & Mexico cruise.

So it looks like the Hawaii leg of it is still available. Hmm, we are looking at that, but I think I'll wait a few days to move on it. The Koningsdam has nothing available for Feb., so I have a feeling they are not quite ready for prime time.