Dining room configuration

Gma&Gpa

My experience it was just the same.  Our first night, even though the dining room was at most 35% full with plenty of open tables, they seated another family at a table placed 6" away from ours.  The same thing happened the next morning at breakfast.  

After that, before we were seated, we specifically requested that we get a table where we could be socially distanced.  It always took them a few minutes to adjust our table but the request was always accommodated.  Frankly I found it odd that with the reduced capacity they didn't automatically do it.

2 minutes ago, Shayhooper said:

My experience it was just the same.  Our first night, even though the dining room was at most 35% full with plenty of open tables, they seated another family at a table placed 6" away from ours.  The same thing happened the next morning at breakfast.  

At breakfast did they try to seat you at the same table with others?

2 minutes ago, nina_930 said:

At breakfast did they try to seat you at the same table with others?

No.  We always checked in on the Hub app and never checked the "share table" box.  That 1st morning they seated another family at a table 6" away from ours even though there were plenty of open tables available further away.

My guess is that the system automatically assigns tables based on server stations, but that is just a guess.

To be clear, every time after we specifically requested tables where we could be socially distanced and the dining team always accommodated the request cheerfully.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Breeze last month and they only used half the dining room space (the upper level was dark, never used the entire cruise).  So although they could have spread out the tables, using both floors, they didn't.  The tables were as close as usual.