Future Cruise Certificate

Hi

i was just wondering a few things 

- what does everyone think the chances are of the FCC date been extended from 30th sept 2022

- if I book a cruise for sept 2022 and cancel it by 48 hours before does that mean I would get another FCC for 12 month meaning it’s extended until sept 2023 or what would happen 

- do I have any other options if I won’t be cruising until after sept 2022 and to not lose the money on the FCC

Cruise with confidence that allows 48 hour cancellation only applies through 30 April.  Although FCCs, applied by End of April, can be used for cruises through end of September, they would be forfeited if customers cancel beginning May 1st.  Of course, things could change.  I actually have a sept 22 cruise booked with fccs.

33 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Cruise with confidence that allows 48 hour cancellation only applies through 30 April.  Although FCCs, applied by End of April, can be used for cruises through end of September, they would be forfeited if customers cancel beginning May 1st.  Of course, things could change.  I actually have a sept 22 cruise booked with fccs.

And I’m guessing they won’t refund the FCC?

If you were planning a cruise going from America there is going to be well under 12 months to use it for a cruise like this. If your from the uk anyway.
Considering the border is still closed and doesn’t look like it’s going to open any time soon. You think they would extend it the FCC 

7 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

And I’m guessing they won’t refund the FCC?

If you were planning a cruise going from America there is going to be well under 12 months to use it for a cruise like this. If your from the uk anyway.
Considering the border is still closed and doesn’t look like it’s going to open any time soon. You think they would extend it the FCC 

You could use it to book on Anthem ex-Southampton or on any of the Med, Baltic or fjords cruises next summer, so Royal could legitimately argue that you’ve now got plenty of opportunities to redeem it before it expires without having to set foot in the US.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

You could use it to book on Anthem ex-Southampton or on any of the Med, Baltic or fjords cruises next summer, so Royal could legitimately argue that you’ve now got plenty of opportunities to redeem it before it expires without having to set foot in the US.

Far from ideal if that’s not what I saved for

4 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

i was just wondering a few things 

- what does everyone think the chances are of the FCC date been extended from 30th sept 2022

- if I book a cruise for sept 2022 and cancel it by 48 hours before does that mean I would get another FCC for 12 month meaning it’s extended until sept 2023 or what would happen 

- do I have any other options if I won’t be cruising until after sept 2022 and to not lose the money on the FCC

I wondered that as well and my TA told me that it would be lost.  The furthest out you could get a FCC for would be in you book a late April 30 cruise, cancel it 3 days out and you would get a FCC that expires April 27 , 2023 or thereabouts.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I wondered that as well and my TA told me that it would be lost.  The furthest out you could get a FCC for would be in you book a late April 30 cruise, cancel it 3 days out and you would get a FCC that expires April 27 , 2023 or thereabouts.

Well I guess we can only hope 

• Like 1