Question about cancelled cruise On Board Credit

wgeddings

Just got the below - this really stinks.  Does anyone know the answer to this question though - We had 2 cabins. 1 for A & B and 1 for C & D.  So if we took the Future Cruise Credit, that would include the $300 on board credit per cabin.  If later A & C Go on a cruise, do they get no credit or both credits?  Is it the first of A&B to cruise gets the $300 credit?  How about if A, B and C all go on a cruise in a single cabin.  Is it only a $300 credit or can C add C's $300 credit.  

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png

CANCELLATION UPDATE
CARNIVAL CONQUEST – OCT. 8 THROUGH AND INCLUDING DEC. 10, 2021
CARNIVAL SENSATION – OCT. 21 THROUGH AND INCLUDING DEC. 31, 2021
CARNIVAL LIBERTY, SUNSHINE, PARADISE, AND ECSTASY – NOV. 1 THROUGH AND INCLUDING DEC. 31, 2021

September 2, 2021 

Dear Carnival Guest:

With the expectation that a total of 13 ships will be sailing with guests by the end of October, and more starting in November and December, we are making good progress returning our fleet to guest operations.  However, we must continue to take a phased approach as we staff ships, train our crew on new operating protocols, manage supply chain issues for goods and services, and work with home ports and destinations on issues related to the resumption of service.  As a result, we have determined that the time is not right for us to resume the above referenced sailings.  Consequently, your cruise has been cancelled and we sincerely apologize for the disappointment.  

If you have yet to receive our bonus incentive package, you are eligible for our future cruise credit (FCC) and onboard credit (OBC) as noted below, or a full refund.  If you already received this offer and have yet to use it, or it was applied to this booking, you can retain it for a future booking consistent with the terms below.

86dfd9ad-37d9-4f51-b9ef-04e36c3cd71a.png

We have fully automated your ability to make your choice online without having to call us. No matter how you purchased your cruise, you can submit your request via our online tool to allow for faster processing. However, if you’re working with a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner or a travel advisor, they may also be able to help answer your questions and explore options.

Please make your selection using our online tool here.

This offer is valid until December 31, 2021, for you to make a selection. If no selection is made by then, you will automatically receive an FCC.*  This letter supersedes any previous offer you received.

Whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.  Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are also working to accommodate their passengers.

Thank you for your continued understanding and support.  We look forward to seeing you on board!

Sincerely,

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

*The future cruise credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable. FCC and onboard credit (OBC) are combinable with all Carnival-offered fares, are non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, have no cash value, and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing departing by 9/30/2023. The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid. FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities and any unused portion will be forfeited. New OBC offer replaces any previous OBC offer and applies to new booking if made by 12/31/2021. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking if higher.  After you have booked your new cruise, please use this link to provide us with the booking information so we can process your FCC.

I'm a little confused, but either both in the cabin take the refund or both take the fcc with the offer of $300.

It cannot be split between them. They dont both get $300 obc on a future cruise if they shared a cancelled cabin. The $300 is per cabin offer. Not per person.

I understand what you are saying but although it is per cabin, not per person, for a future cruise how does the OBC work if the same people are not cruising together.  Again A & B are in the cancelled cabin so I get that they get a $300 OBC in the future.  If only A is on a future cruise, does A get half?  Or is the OBC only if A&B share a cabin again?   Please let me know if I am not being clear about the question because I read the fine print and it does not address what happens when 2 people who were sharing a cabin (and thus share the OBC future cruise) take a cruise separately in the future.  I hope to avoid having to try to ask Carnival because I know that will be an exercise in futility and take forever since I know tons of people are calling.  

As soon as I saw John Heald's post re: cancelled cruises, I contacted CCL and rebooked my Dec 6 Conquest departure to the inaugural return to service departure on the Conquest, Dec 13.  That all went very well.  Then, I received email from CCL re: cancellation and learn that we should receive $300 OBC on new cruise if booked by 12/31.  Our booking confirmation remained the same.  I am afraid to accept FCC and OBC option online.  I do not want current sailing cancelled by CCL in error.  Any idea how to confirm my OBC?  Tried calling CCL, but, of course, lines are busy and they ask you to hang up and try again.  Assume if I wait a few days, I may be able to reach CCL, but definitely want that $300!