Bimini Bubble tour question

matymil

I'm on the fence about getting the Bimini Stingray Bubbletour when we are on the Magic in 3 weeks. We are sailing with a 2 year old (essentially a lap child). Does anyone know if he would need his own ticket for this excursion. I was on the phone with someone from the Fun shops and i could not get a straight answer. Her response was (it depends....each excursion is different). Has anyone done this tour yet?

I would go read the terms. I thought it said any unvaccinated child age 2 and over cannot get off the ship unless they are part of a bubble excursion. To me it reads very plain, not gray. 

Maybe read that specific excursion and see what ages it states. She might be referring to some excursions children are free, but in this case you know which excursion ... what does it say when you click on details.

Edited by firefly333

13 minutes ago, jenybeen said:

I don't know the answer to your question, hopefully someone does! I was wondering, though, when did your bubble tours start showing up on the excursions? We sail 10/02 and so far there aren't any listed. 

Thats weird. They should be mixed in with the other excursions on the page. They will be the same tours with basically just kids and their parents. What stops are you making? We only have two at Amber Cove and two and Bimini.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wou,d go read the terms. I thought it said any unvaccinated child age 2 and over cannot get off the ship unless they are part of a bubble excursion. To me it reads very plain, not gray. 

Yes....i know. I think you may have misunderstood my question.

5 minutes ago, matymil said:

Yes....i know. I think you may have misunderstood my question.

When you click on that specific excursion, it will have a description. What does it say in the description. 

What I'm saying is the description should say ages 2 and up for instance. I cant look as our bubble tours are sold out. 

No I didnt misunderstand I'm just trying to justify why a pvp would give such a vague answer. 

Edited by firefly333

I am leaving on the magic on the 27th of this month and I am really struggling with whether to get off the ship and do this tour or just stay on the ship. For the price I would want more time and some beach lounging time. I am leaning more towards staying on the ship with my 4 year old. I'm not getting off in Amber Cove either. So it may be a ship only cruise for us. We have a side to side so on our next leg, we are going to get off in Amber Cove then. 

2 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I am leaving on the magic on the 27th of this month and I am really struggling with whether to get off the ship and do this tour or just stay on the ship. For the price I would want more time and some beach lounging time. I am leaning more towards staying on the ship with my 4 year old. I'm not getting off in Amber Cove either. So it may be a ship only cruise for us. We have a side to side so on our next leg, we are going to get off in Amber Cove then. 

Yes. We are in the same FB group, we commented the other day. Im Matt, ive got the toddler 🙂 The price actually isnt too bad imo in Amber Cove, i think the beach bubble tours are like 6 hours? The Bimini stingray one is only 2 hours and is like $90 which is why i dont want to buy a 3rd ticket unless i have to 🙂

The Amber Cove tours are fine. I was talking about the sting ray tour you mentioned. 2 hours and no beach time just is not looking appealing to me. So although I want to get off the ship in Bimini, it's not looking worthwhile to me. I'm going to ask my son if he wants to do it but it's not likely. When we watch YouTube video excursion of stingrays he always say " I don't want to do that. I don't want to touch or be with stingrays". Wish they had a dolphin excursion like Blue lagoon.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

When you click on that specific excursion, it will have a description. What does it say in the description. 

What I'm saying is the description should say ages 2 and up for instance. I cant look as our bubble tours are sold out. 

No I didnt misunderstand I'm just trying to justify why a pvp would give such a vague answer. 

Theres no age restriction. It just says 13 and up $99 and 12 and under $89. I dont know if she was a PVP, she worked in the fun shops department. I had to call about a gift card issue so i figured I'd ask while i had her. Since we are 3 weeks out and its not sold out yet, unless we get a firm answer we are probably just going to wait and ask the shore excursion desk on the ship and cross our fingers.

16 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

Hopefully things will be back to normal by the 27th for magic.

There is a thread about 5 day magic that got back today and no one was allowed off the ship until 2 pm and all excursions were cancelled for amber cove. Some crew tested positive and authorities there didnt want the ship to dock at all. 

As far as this excursion. ..  ok you say it says ages below 12 are $89 .. that's what it costs for your 2 year old. Call if you want someone at carnival to say.

Usually the covid restrictions are a banner across the carnival site. I went to look and they must be redoing it. So I cant show you the bubble tour blurb.   But the whole purpose of bubble tours is for ages 2 to 12. .. the unvaccinated who want to get off in ports. Sorry.. I'm sure they will put it bsck next week.

Edited by firefly333

1 minute ago, mommysoncruiser said:

The Amber Cove tours are fine. I was talking about the sting ray tour you mentioned. 2 hours and no beach time just is not looking appealing to me. So although I want to get off the ship in Bimini, it's not looking worthwhile to me. I'm going to ask my son if he wants to do it but it's not likely. When we watch YouTube video excursion of stingrays he always say " I don't want to do that. I don't want to touch or be with stingrays". Wish they had a dolphin excursion like Blue lagoon.

Ohhh yeah ok. You're right. The Bimini bubble tours stink. The conch one is even worse. Its one hour for like $80 i think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Hopefully things will be back to normal by the 27th for magic.

There is a thread about 5 day magic that got back today and no one was allowed off the ship until 2 pm and all excursions were cancelled for amber cove. Some crew tested positive and authorities there didnt want the ship to dock at all. 

As far as this excursion. ..  the excursion description will say if a ticket is required or the terms.

Ok. We are actually talking about the stingray excursion in Bimini not Amber Cove. I only mentioned amber cove because those are our two ports on this cruise but I have another one that goes to amber cove again after this one and we will do our amber cove excursion then.

• Like 1

Ok here it is. Unvaccinated cannot get off the ship in ports unless they purchase a bubble excursion. 

I'm saying for covid sailings right now, unless you purchase a ticket to some bubble excursion your child cannot get off in the port. They are made for children ages 2 to 12. It will be be a free excursion. 

20210904_234723102.jpeg

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok here it is. Unvaccinated cannot get off the ship in ports unless they purchase a bubble excursion. 

I'm saying for covid sailings right now, unless you purchase a ticket to some bubble excursion your child cannot get off in the port. They are made for children ages 2 to 12. It will be be a free excursion. 

20210904_234723102.jpeg

Free? Was that a typo?

I think anyone traveling with a child right now is (or should be) very familiar with the protocols for cruising with children under 12 (I am very well versed in it myself). A question was asked about a bubble tour in Bimini for a 2 year old and somehow we have been getting bombarded with information no one asked for. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mondello said:

Free? Was that a typo?

51 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I think anyone traveling with a child right now is (or should be) very familiar with the protocols for cruising with children under 12 (I am very well versed in it myself). A question was asked about a bubble tour in Bimini for a 2 year old and somehow we have been getting bombarded with information no one asked for. 🤷🏾‍♀️

I think i understand what she means by "free". Yes i am also very, very familiar with the protocols as well. But i do think the question is a fair one considering that the Carnival employee did not know the answer and also the amount of other places were 2 yr olds do not need a ticket (movies, theme parks, etc) 2 is a def weird age with that stuff.

1 hour ago, matymil said:

I think i understand what she means by "free". Yes i am also very, very familiar with the protocols as well. But i do think the question is a fair one considering that the Carnival employee did not know the answer and also the amount of other places were 2 yr olds do not need a ticket (movies, theme parks, etc) 2 is a def weird age with that stuff.

That was not directed at you matymil. I understand completely where you are coming from and your question was a valid one. I was speaking of the information about the magic not being able to disembark because of positive COVID cases with crew and all of the other random things that did not pertain to your question from another commenter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

That was not directed at you matymil. I understand completely where you are coming from and your question was a valid one. I was speaking of the information about the magic not being able to disembark because of positive COVID cases with crew and all of the other random things that did not pertain to your question from another commenter.

Oh yeah i know. Totally didnt take it that way 🙂