Bahamas travel health visa

I was recently watching a cruise vlog and the couple had planned to get off the ship to visit The Atlantis but said they couldn’t get off the ship in Nassau because they didn’t have an approved Bahamas travel health visa. I never heard of this for port stops. Does anyone know if you have to have this health visa to get off the ship in Nassau?

58 minutes ago, jalves said:

Rules are changing almost daily.  You need to check what the Bahama government is saying will apply during your cruise.  

The first place I looked for the information was the government of the Bahamas health visa site but there’s no information about cruise port visits. I’m trying to get first hand experience from other cruisers who have had a stop in the Bahamas and if they had to have the visa to get off the ship. The cruise vlog I was watching was the couples second cruise so I’m thinking they were wrong on that. At least I’m hoping they were.

Here's the text of one of the articles discussing it.

Cruise Passengers

• Guests on cruises that originate in and return to The Bahamas must still apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa and follow the new testing requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.

• All travellers entering The Bahamas on cruises that originate in the U.S. will be subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Government of The Bahamas.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

The first place I looked for the information was the government of the Bahamas health visa site but there’s no information about cruise port visits. I’m trying to get first hand experience from other cruisers who have had a stop in the Bahamas and if they had to have the visa to get off the ship. The cruise vlog I was watching was the couples second cruise so I’m thinking they were wrong on that. At least I’m hoping they were.

Again it has NOT been required for cruises up to now. I have seen people posting that it was required because they were misinformed. People are cruising in and out of the bahamas almost daily since the restart and it has NOT been required. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...