Vista Roll Calls

gbits

10 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Prices are based on double occupancy. Do you normally get a discount at a hotel if only one is staying instead of two in a room? Is that price gouging also for not charging you half rate?

When I stay at a hotel, I do not have to pay double for a room because I'm staying by myself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robjame said:

I have seen no Vista Cruise where the solo cabin is more than any balcony cabin. 

I would be interested if anyone can point me to such a situation. Every Vista cruise I have looked at has the solo cabin priced at less than the price of a French Verandah (2 persons)... and it is what the solo passenger has to pay that is the issue.

I was quoted the price of $9999 for a solo balcony on the LA to Miami cruise sailing November 3, 2023.  This quote came directly from Oceania.  Paying double for a balcony cabin on this sailing would have been cheaper than the smaller solo cabin with the tiny bed.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

I was quoted the price of $9999 for a solo balcony on the LA to Miami cruise sailing November 3, 2023.  This quote came directly from Oceania.  Paying double for a balcony cabin on this sailing would have been cheaper than the smaller solo cabin with the tiny bed.  

If you would be happy with a French Verandah rather than a real balcony - grab it.

If the amenities of a Concierge stateroom don't matter then book the French Verandah. The amenities don't matter to me either.

If the size of the cabin is important then book the French Verandah, I would prefer their location, too.

It's all about what you value. Isn't it nice to have choices?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

Then I would  go for the regular cabin  with more space

If  solo cruisers  do not book those single cabins then O will have to rethink that  pricing

JMO

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, lovetravel63-65 said:

We just booked for 30 August 2023 for Southampton to New York got cabin grade wanted await reply as how to create new roll call

I’d like to see a roll call for this cruise also. We just managed to get on it. I’m wondering if the ports will be cold and if so crossing to New York. Any thoughts??

On 9/16/2021 at 5:22 AM, lovetravel63-65 said:

We just booked for 30 August 2023 for Southampton to New York got cabin grade wanted await reply as how to create new roll call

We have just managed to get on this cruise subject to confirmation. Do you think the ports will be cold and also crossing to New York? I cannot find a roll call either!

39 minutes ago, CherylFP said:

We have just managed to get on this cruise subject to confirmation. Do you think the ports will be cold and also crossing to New York? I cannot find a roll call either!

I see you found the roll call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802092-aug-30-2023-london-to-new-york-transatlantic-old-new-world-medley/

Cold NO, Cool yes.  We did the trip from Southampton to Iceland to Greenland into Canada and ended in NYC. It was a great trip and you will love it. Just be prepared for what Mother Nature gives you. 
Mauibabes

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 3:22 AM, lovetravel63-65 said:

Hi there Rob! Hubby & I are coming from Australia to join Vista for that exciting Trans Atlantic cruise.

I'd also like to join a roll call to meet others on our cruise. Please keep me posted. Many thanks.

7 hours ago, sydbarco said:

Hi there Rob! Hubby & I are coming from Australia to join Vista for that exciting Trans Atlantic cruise.

I'd also like to join a roll call to meet others on our cruise. Please keep me posted. Many thanks.

There is a specific roll call for that cruise - here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802092-aug-30-2023-london-to-new-york-transatlantic-old-new-world-medley/page/10/