Are they doing the veuve clicquot dinners on board.

bikerunner

I know there doing the chefs table on board with wine pairing.  Done those and have done the champagne ones, just wondering if the champagne one is still happening.  Always have to book on board for that one.  Traveling with a friend who is a vegetarian so would have to work with the chef 

15 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I know there doing the chefs table on board with wine pairing.  Done those and have done the champagne ones, just wondering if the champagne one is still happening.  Always have to book on board for that one.  Traveling with a friend who is a vegetarian so would have to work with the chef 

So it's definitely not in the online planner then?

You've done both?  Please tell us what you think?!

Enjoyed both also as many have mentioned it’s also your table mates who join you who help make the meal.  This will be first time with my friend who is a vegetarian so will have to work with the chef a bit, from what others said it’s doable but these are strange times now overall.  The chefs dinner is always great food and way to much wine imbued overall but worth it with the meal.  The wine dinner on my cruise in nov doesn’t excite me maybe because monthly since May I been going to a chef special wine meal monthly here.  5 courses special meal with wines from different regions to match 

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Enjoyed both also as many have mentioned it’s also your table mates who join you who help make the meal.  This will be first time with my friend who is a vegetarian so will have to work with the chef a bit, from what others said it’s doable but these are strange times now overall.  The chefs dinner is always great food and way to much wine imbued overall but worth it with the meal.  The wine dinner on my cruise in nov doesn’t excite me maybe because monthly since May I been going to a chef special wine meal monthly here.  5 courses special meal with wines from different regions to match 

Any idea how they schedule these dinners?  Are they on sea days?  Maybe same day and you have to choose one?

Never seen on same day, they have them in same location usually tho. Most times i believe have been on sea days for them.   Not on any of the chic/formal nights either. All my cruises have been 10 day plus so lots of open nights to have them. I’ll usually go find the beverage manager or head sommelier at boarding day and find when.  Wine cellars on the ships that still have them usually have a print out of all wine beer etc events happening for the cruise. 

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Buckeye94 said:

I found this menu on the app for my Dec Reflection cruise. It's on Day 5 which is a port day.

Screenshot_20211120-140738_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.246211566ef301e6801da9f981564ca0.jpg

I'll be hunting down someone to book this when I board! 😀

Julie

Hi Julie.  Can you explain in more detail how you found the menu?  Because I thought you had to look at a specific venue to see menus?

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Talk to your Sommelier (they're supposed to offer it) or find out which venue is hosting it and ask the Maitre d' there to sign up.  I'll post details/menu when we get back if someone will remind us.

The VC dinner seems like a big secret.  When I get on board ill definitely ask about it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Hi Julie.  Can you explain in more detail how you found the menu?  Because I thought you had to look at a specific venue to see menus?

In the app, I went to Dining and Restaurants. The chef's table and champagne dinner appeared in that list. Click on the event and there is a link for the menu. Doesn't look like I can book it through the app yet. 

I'm not sure when the menus appeared for the venues and events, but my cruise is only 20 days away. Hasn't been there all along.  

Screenshot_20211120-150922_Celebrity.jpg

I’m on Silhouette right now and I got on before 11 and went straight to book this and it was fully booked 😞. Only allowing 6 people I believe.  Last I heard it was $150 pp

Edited by s0479

15 minutes ago, s0479 said:

I’m on Silhouette right now and I got on before 11 and went straight to book this and it was fully booked 😞. Only allowing 6 people I believe.  Last I heard it was $150 pp

So sorry.  I guess you can't book this on the app?

4 hours ago, Buckeye94 said:

In the app, I went to Dining and Restaurants. The chef's table and champagne dinner appeared in that list. Click on the event and there is a link for the menu. Doesn't look like I can book it through the app yet. 

I'm not sure when the menus appeared for the venues and events, but my cruise is only 20 days away. Hasn't been there all along.  

Screenshot_20211120-150922_Celebrity.jpg

Yeh not giving me that option not concerned will check on boarding on Monday