Need help finding rapid test site

hoss23

Hi:  We need some help finding a place to get the Carnival required rapid test. We are flying in next month on a Thursday morning for a Saturday cruise on the magic. We are staying in Titusville for 2 days before the cruise. I have gone online to the CVS, Walgreens, and Quest websites and unless I am doing something wrong, I don’t see anyplace nearby that gives the test. Could any readers with knowledge of the Port Canaveral cruise area please advise us where we can take the test in this general area. Thanks in advance for your help as this is really starting to stress us out. Mike

2 minutes ago, DivaAAC said:

They also don’t allow booking super far in advance. I booked my cvs appointment a week in advance of my needed testing date. That’s when it appeared on the calendar to reserve. 

This. And Wallgreens is only 2 days in advance.  

5 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

This. And Wallgreens is only 2 days in advance.  

I answered all the questions to get an appt. at Walgreen’s on Wed, but it then said only giving Rapid tests to those with symptoms or exposure.

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I answered all the questions to get an appt. at Walgreen’s on Wed, but it then said only giving Rapid tests to those with symptoms or exposure.

Oh that's not good.  Walgreens is our back up plan to our home tests that we will do on Thursday.  I did a mock scheduling of an appointment a couple of days ago and didn't get rejected.  Hope its not country wide.  

6 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

FL gives these test to all .  It's different in each state.  And as the test manufacturers are once again ramping up production other states may soon be able to give out more.

8 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

It doesn't look like the CVS are giving the tests because the closest one when I pretended to schedule was in Orlando.

That's probably based on TODAY's availability. You need to calculate how many days out they are scheduling then set an alarm to check for that area on that date. You'll find plenty. I'm 45 min from Titusville and there are options between me and there to have it done...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DivaAAC said:

That's probably based on TODAY's availability. You need to calculate how many days out they are scheduling then set an alarm to check for that area on that date. You'll find plenty. I'm 45 min from Titusville and there are options between me and there to have it done...

CVS has been showing availability for 2 weeks out. (At least in my area, but who knows if its across the board)  But it is strange that in such a populated area I couldn't find a CVS closer.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  Fingers crossed that I was for the OPs sake.  

21 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

CVS has been showing availability for 2 weeks out. (At least in my area, but who knows if its across the board)  But it is strange that in such a populated area I couldn't find a CVS closer.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  Fingers crossed that I was for the OPs sake.  

Because everyone in FL can get tested AND because we're nearby a cruise port I think they are limiting how far in advance you can schedule a test. I know Walgreens window is SHORT. CVS was more reasonable for me and I needed the test scheduled to tick it off my to do. No way I'd be comfortable scheduling 2 days in advance of when I need it.

3 hours ago, rlindholm said:

Ahh, see I selected the rapid test and nothing in Titusville came up.  So Orlando might be the closest CVS for the rapid.  

I am the OP and when I searched the closest that came up was Orlando as you stated. DivaAAC said that the reason it may not be showing as available is they are booked for certain dates.We are senior citizens and this stuff is not our forte, so thanks everyone for your help so far but we still don’t know which way is up.🙁

We're cruising on October 23 out of Galveston. I was stressing about the test - my doctor said we could get it at his office, but it was the PRC test that would take 1-2 days for results. I'm not willing to risk that. Friends who cruised 2 weeks ago said they got rapid antigen tests at a minor emergency clinic. So I called one in our rather small town, they said they do the rapid antigen test, you get the results in about 20 minutes, don't need an appointment. I feel sure Titusville is a much larger town and probably has multiple minor emergency clinics. Google them, then call one to check out their procedures. Good luck! 

13 hours ago, hoss23 said:

I am the OP and when I searched the closest that came up was Orlando as you stated. DivaAAC said that the reason it may not be showing as available is they are booked for certain dates.We are senior citizens and this stuff is not our forte, so thanks everyone for your help so far but we still don’t know which way is up.🙁

There are several walgreens that are close to Titusville that do the rapid tests.  That looks like it will be your best bet.  But you can't schedule it until two days before you need it.  Have you considered buying the home test?  I think it  can be a little intimidating to people not used to technology but it seems to be working really well for most people.  That's my plan A and scheduling at Walgreens will be my plan B.

image.png.a4933e2e2b9ad5384de9e14309b8476d.png

14 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

We're cruising on October 23 out of Galveston. I was stressing about the test - my doctor said we could get it at his office, but it was the PRC test that would take 1-2 days for results. I'm not willing to risk that. Friends who cruised 2 weeks ago said they got rapid antigen tests at a minor emergency clinic. So I called one in our rather small town, they said they do the rapid antigen test, you get the results in about 20 minutes, don't need an appointment. I feel sure Titusville is a much larger town and probably has multiple minor emergency clinics. Google them, then call one to check out their procedures. Good luck! 

Thank You all for the helpful information. It seems as though nlktx49 hit a home run for us. Med fast urgent care has 3 offices in Titusville. I just spoke to someone there now and they have the rapid test with results in 15-20 minutes which they print out for you. She said there is no appointment necessary, but you could schedule one2 days before the test if you want. So my Texas friend you just lowered our stress level 100%.