Dining times MDR

watsonbeau

Seem to remember at present MDR  first sitting was made earlier to 5:30 and 2nd was from 7pm.  Previously on Cunard it was 6pm and 8:30 pm. Have always gone first sitting as found 8:30 too late for me having tried it.

however 5: 30 is too early ! Are the various cruises that are  starting up after the Sun cruises end likely to revert back to the original times or not ? 

We are booked for January for  first sitting but if it’s 5:30 will change it I think - after all can’t miss afternoon tea 😁

can’t see anything in My Cunard about it either.

Any thoughts ? Thank you 

I seem to remember  that first sitting was 6.00pm (doors close 6.15) then open bookable dining from 8.00-9.00pm, at the beginning of this month. So things change and possibly will do so in the future as the % pax increases.

1 hour ago, LadyL1 said:

I seem to remember  that first sitting was 6.00pm (doors close 6.15) then open bookable dining from 8.00-9.00pm, at the beginning of this month. So things change and possibly will do so in the future as the % pax increases.

I can confirm first sitting on QE is currently 6pm. 

1 hour ago, watsonbeau said:

Seem to remember at present MDR  first sitting was made earlier to 5:30 and 2nd was from 7pm.  Previously on Cunard it was 6pm and 8:30 pm. Have always gone first sitting as found 8:30 too late for me having tried it.

however 5: 30 is too early ! Are the various cruises that are  starting up after the Sun cruises end likely to revert back to the original times or not ? 

We are booked for January for  first sitting but if it’s 5:30 will change it I think - after all can’t miss afternoon tea 😁

can’t see anything in My Cunard about it either.

Any thoughts ? Thank you 

This is off the Cunard site

• First sitting: guests selecting this option will have tables reserved at 6.00pm each evening for the duration of the voyage.
  • Second sitting: guests selecting this option can dine any time from 7.45pm, with last orders taken at 9.00pm. Reservations can be made daily on board.

Assuming you are on the Queen Mary 2 on January 14th 2022 to the Caribbean, this is from the current FAQs:

Queen Mary 2

Queens Grill / Princess Grill / Britannia Club Restaurants  - Waiter service
Breakfast: (Port day) 7:30 - 9:00, (Sea day) 8:00 - 9:30 (Disembarkation day) 6:30 - 8:00.  
Lunch: 12:00 - 13:30
Dinner: 18:30 - 21:00

Britannia Restaurant - Waiter service
Breakfast: (Port day) 7:30 - 9:30, (Sea day) 8:00 - 9:30
Lunch: (Sea / Port day) 12:00 - 13:30, 
Dinner: 1st sitting from 1800, 2nd sitting from 20:30

but the listed Dinner timings are the same as these in the QE and the QV anyway.

It seems that Cunard may not have updated their FAQs. In the guidance “sailing with confidence” this can be found which ties up with postings from staycation cruises.Changes to the Britannia dining experience.

You will still be able to confirm your dining preference in advance of travel at the time of booking or through My CunardThose booking on the Cunard Fare will still benefit from first priority for chosen dining time.

• First sitting: guests selecting this option will have tables reserved at 6.00pm each evening for the duration of the voyage.
  • Second sitting: guests selecting this option can dine any time from 7.45pm, with last orders taken at 9.00pm. Reservations can be made daily on board.

Hopefully by the time of the 2023 world cruise all this nonsense of having to make a daily reservation for the evening meal will have become history to be forgotten. Hard to make a reservation every day and get the same table, same wait staff and the same 8 - 10 interesting table mates.

• Like 2