NCL rule on recovered status?

lh1971

22 minutes ago, lh1971 said:

Just wondering if NCL will still test passengers with a Letter of Recovery from a doctor? CDC recommends not getting tested for 90 days after revovery. Thank you! 

There are no exceptions to the testing requirement. 

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test, administered and paid for by the cruise line, prior to boarding and receive a negative result. Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional testing.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

WHAT?????  That would be absurd!  Testing has no effect on your recovery.  

The CDC is saying that you still may test positive up to 90 days after recovery so test results would be inaccurate. Here's the exact wording:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

"A positive NAAT diagnostic test should not be repeated within 90 days, because people may continue to have detectable RNA after risk of transmission has passed"

Note for the OP, @lh1971 . The above advice from from the CDC only applies to NAAT (aka PCR) testing. NCL conducts antigen testing at the pier, and the CDC does not say you should avoid antigen tests within 90 days of recovery.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone who has recovered can share how NCL handled their testing?

My husband tested positive for breakthru Covid on 10/2-  and yes-  thankfully has recovered.

we are booked on the Breakaway for 12/5.

we are both fully vaccinated-  but now we are nervous that he will still be showing positive in December.

Has anyone been through this scenario and can share how NCL handled, what all documentation they wanted ,and if they were able to sail?

Thank you in advance

2 hours ago, Travelers56 said:

My husband tested positive for breakthru Covid on 10/2-  and yes-  thankfully has recovered.

we are both fully vaccinated-  but now we are nervous that he will still be showing positive in December.

Has anyone been through this scenario and can share how NCL handled, what all documentation they wanted ,and if they were able to sail?

Thank you in advance

Glad he’s okay. Hasn’t happened to us, but as mentioned above, NCL does not have exemptions for this case. I’ve seen other cruise lines do (I know Princess, not sure which others), but if you’re positive NCL won’t let you board, period. I would suggest getting a test on your own in a month or so and then assessing then.   Worse case I think they still have the clause that a positive test within two weeks you can cancel for a full FCC. I would do that if you have to travel to the port for the Breakaway before doing so. 

Edited by psac

7 hours ago, Travelers56 said:

Thank you in advance

Test Positive, you will be denied boarding. Very simple. 

The way you handle it is starting in November, you test weekly to ensure that you will test negative at embarkation. 

• Like 1