Upcoming price drops

dad son team

I'm looking into a Jan 2022 cruise with my son and his GF.  He downloaded the app on his phone so he could see what cruises are out there and received a call from an NCL agent.  He told them we are just looking and that I would be the one making the final decision since I am paying.  The agent advised him that if I had any credits I should keep an eye out as they are going to have a promotion soon to get people to use them up. 

So, I have a credit from a Feb. 2018 Epic cruise that was interrupted, and 2x$250 Cruise Next certs.  I'd like to use all of these for the Jan 2022 cruise.  

My question is, if I book now, do you think I would be able to take advantage of any promotions/discounts that they give, or should I wait a few weeks and see what comes out?  TBH, I'm also looking at RCCL who's fare are much less, or about the same when I add the cost of the drink package, and that's after I use all my credits on NCL!

You can always re-book if it is before final payment, which should be sometime in November (60 days for cruises before April 1, 2022).  So use your CN certificate to book what you want, then keep an eye on the prices.

There is a caveat to that - if you are interested in the airfare promo, you must book before 90 days (unless they change the dates on that, which they sometimes do).

• 3 weeks later...

I was also looking at cruise rates and found something insane. I booked Escape for 12/18-23 as a SOLO passenger and ended up with a balcony in a mid ship location for $603 with all taxes and free at sea gratuities included. The cabin fare was $373 after "other discounts" were applied. The rate was around $550 without requiring paying extra for the double occupancy rule for a regular balcony. If I chose the "family" balcony room, the rate was around $1300 for the same deck level. Studio was $1129.

I'm very very happy with this rate and only had to use half of the cruise credit I have saved since the shutdown hit.

• Like 1