Private Journeys - Direct Contact?

canderson

With some massive OBC to burn, we've decided to take full advantage of this program.  While we are now aware that this can be done aboard, the number we would be planning would make it tough on the person aboard who is responsible for this.

I have tried the online Private Journeys request form with a St. Kitts itinerary as a test for one such excursion, but I've received no confirmation of receipt, much less a reply.  We have about 30 days to sort them all out.

Does anyone know of a more direct telephone approach to this group?

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Do you have this #: (844) 571-7851

bon voyage

Have seen that one, Bo, amongst many.  Just don't know if there is a direct number, or if one of the many published numbers does/doesn't provide the access I'm looking for.

I have worked with Private Journeys just before COVID hit.  I just reviewed my old emails with them and there was no phone number included although they did call me once.  The email address was the employee's work email address (@rccl.com).  

OK.  An update, and perhaps useful information for others using this program.

If you make a request for a Private Journey BEFORE you board, they cannot accept OBC as payment for the excursion.  Only after being aboard can OBC be used.

In this instance, that's not too bad since we will be able to provide the onboard planner some time to get things organized.  Our first leg is 5 days with 2 ports, and we have the first of those under control.  That leaves a fair bit of time for the onboard planner to get the five Private Journeys that I'm planning under arranged (almost all of them for the 10nt port-intensive 2nd leg of the cruise), but it's a shame they work it this way and create the extra work for the onboard planner when the shoreside folks could be taking care of this well in advance.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You might also contact them via RCL --- if wrong location I'm sure the will point you in the right direction.   The number is the same that Bo gave

Yes, the -7851 number worked perfectly -- just that it turned out not to help in this instance!  (See above).  We're sitting on $6576 in non-refundable OBC, so really don't see the point of using the shoreside folks and putting it on a credit card.

Edited by canderson

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

I wonder if they still keep the odd bottle of a good vintage of Chateau d'Yquem aboard as they used to do?  My "suite tooth" could get some exercise after dinner. 🦷🍇 (Hmm... no white grape emoji?)

I thought Celebrity keeps a bottle of Screaming Eagle cab as well......

56 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I thought Celebrity keeps a bottle of Screaming Eagle cab as well......

Even with 100 'Parker Points', I don't want to know how it tastes $3000 retail worth, much less whatever X charges for it!  My nose literally doesn't seem to work much past about the $150 retail level for reds these days.  Much beyond that, the nuance escapes me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Even with 100 'Parker Points', I don't want to know how it tastes $3000 retail worth, much less whatever X charges for it!  My nose literally doesn't seem to work much past about the $150 retail level for reds these days.  Much beyond that, the nuance escapes me.

Hey, I say go for it... if we can get at least three (3) we can split the cost... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Hey, I say go for it... if we can get at least three (3) we can split the cost... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Now there's an idea.  I have this stinking suspicion that they won't serve it by the glass!

36 minutes ago, canderson said:

Now there's an idea.  I have this stinking suspicion that they won't serve it by the glass!

Will not have to worry about that... we will have purchased the bottle for us... an all night experience at that, there will be none left... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage