Carnival Cruise Line Announces Ship Restarts For January & February 2022

BlerkOne

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-announces-ship-restarts-january-february

MIAMI, Oct. 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Carnival Cruise Line announced plans for more ship restarts for January and February, as it works towards the return of its full fleet sailing from U.S. homeports in the spring of 2022. 

With 17 ships scheduled to be operating by year-end, Carnival Sunshine will restart from Charleston on Jan. 13 and Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral on Feb. 11.

With today's announcement, Carnival's U.S.-based operations will cover the following homeports and ships by February, and represents 90 percent of Carnival's U.S.-based capacity: 

• Galveston: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream and Carnival Vista
  • Miami: Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Sunrise and Carnival Conquest
  • Port Canaveral: Mardi Gras, Carnival Elation, Carnival Magic and Carnival Liberty (effective Feb. 11)
  • New Orleans: Carnival Glory and Carnival Valor
  • Long Beach: Carnival Panorama, Carnival Radiance and Carnival Miracle
  • Baltimore: Carnival Legend
  • Tampa: Carnival Pride
  • Charleston: Carnival Sunshine (effective Jan. 13)

"Our restart plan continues to excel across all metrics, and we are looking forward to completing the restart of the fleet in the new year," said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.  "We appreciate the support and patience of our guests, travel agents and port and destination partners who have been key to this successful restart."

Duffy said that Carnival continues to carefully monitor the status of public health and adjust its operating protocols accordingly.  "We are optimistic that vaccines will be approved for children between the ages of 5-11 before the end of the year and we look forward to welcoming more families back on board," she added.  As it relates to ships operating in January and February, Carnival will continue to operate vaccinated cruises under its current protocols. 

Cruises on Carnival's three remaining U.S.-based ships – Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville, Carnival Paradise from Tampa, and Carnival Sensation from Mobile – have been cancelled through February.

In addition, Carnival Splendor from Sydney, Australia is cancelled through Feb. 7, and Carnival Spirit from Brisbane, Australia is cancelled through Feb. 20.

• Thanks 2

"Cruises on Carnival's three remaining U.S.-based ships – Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville, Carnival Paradise from Tampa, and Carnival Sensation from Mobile – have been cancelled through February."

Fantasy class ships are the smallest in the CCL fleet. 

I asked my PVP about my January 8, 2022 cruise from Mobile this week and she told me the reason they don't show Januaary and February on website is that these cruises are filled due to reduced capacity.  I took that with a grain of salt and sure enough two days later they are cancelled.  Sure makes going forward with her difficult.

16 minutes ago, elklemi said:

I asked my PVP about my January 8, 2022 cruise from Mobile this week and she told me the reason they don't show Januaary and February on website is that these cruises are filled due to reduced capacity.  I took that with a grain of salt and sure enough two days later they are cancelled.  Sure makes going forward with her difficult.

Better to make up a good story than be honest and say sorry, we really don't know yet. ????? 

It's all based on supply and demand. Your oldest smallest ships are placed in certain ports based on passenger interest in cruising from that port (and bridges that limit what can sail there) and since there is less demand for them due to both ship appeal and port appeal, you just don't have the business to fill them yet.  Why not just tell us that? Not hard to figure out the obvious.

20 minutes ago, elklemi said:

I was on Glory last week and when debarking met someone who works for Carnival in Mobile who was planning on a Sensation cruise in Feb and she thought it was a safe bet. All Carnival employees can tell you is what they are told - they don't have a crystal ball.

• Like 2

I am sure she would not tell me the truth even if she know it until Carnival makes the announcement. two hours after I talked to her I got an email from Carnival that my final payment is due and wanted me to send payment then.  Gonna have to think about options but looks like Carnival is moving away from their last smaller ships and those are what I want to sail on so we shall she.

11 minutes ago, elklemi said:

I am sure she would not tell me the truth even if she know it until Carnival makes the announcement. two hours after I talked to her I got an email from Carnival that my final payment is due and wanted me to send payment then.  Gonna have to think about options but looks like Carnival is moving away from their last smaller ships and those are what I want to sail on so we shall she.

Final payment emails are automatically sent out.

Smaller ships may not be as profitable, but have some abilities the larger ships can't match. I don't see them disappearing entirely, unless Carnival is going yo abandon some ports and routes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, elklemi said:

They’ll be back. Just will take longer. Spirit class is only a bit bigger and should be around a long time.

12 hours ago, tiffy0728 said:

As much as it will hurt me. I think I am going to leave my one year old home. I was hoping at least the rules would ease up for infants but I guess not

Totally your call but bringing a one year old isn't all that bad. All they need is a exemption letter which shouldn't be a problem. They do not have to get tested like our son did. Camp Ocean may not be open yet, i may be wrong but i dont think they take one year olds anyway so that wouldnt make much of a difference. Our 2 year old had an absolute blast for whats its worth 🙂

13 hours ago, matymil said:

Totally your call but bringing a one year old isn't all that bad. All they need is a exemption letter which shouldn't be a problem. They do not have to get tested like our son did. Camp Ocean may not be open yet, i may be wrong but i dont think they take one year olds anyway so that wouldnt make much of a difference. Our 2 year old had an absolute blast for whats its worth 🙂

I am really concerned about having to do the bubble tour. We are a family of 22 traveling and she's the only one who can't be vaccinated. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...