Jamie's Blue Reef Hotel and Beach day! All Inclusive!

crusin-4-fun

I was concerned about finding a All Inclusive in Mahahual Costa Maya and thought I'd try Jamie's! Wow! What a great find. Small with very personal service. Thanks Digby! The drinks were great, food great, service great. Clean small beach, no sea grass problem at all. Water clear! Vendors plenty but a no thank you did the trick. The people working at Jamie's very nice and considerate. It's down a bit from most other beach resorts but well worth the walk in my opinion! The only thing that was concerning was the taxi ride back to the port being solo cost me twice the fee!!  Going to Jamie's normal fee.???  You do have to walk out of the port n to the second taxi area. No problem at all! Looking forward to my next trip to Mahahual and going to Jamie's again!!    playadejaime4@gmail.com for more information!

• Like 2

I've known Jaime since his old Playa days. Then his Nohoch Kay adventure.  Great guy! Knows everyone.  Keeps the hawkers away.  

While I do walk up and down the malecon and see what's happening (used to spend a bit of time with Steve at Tropicante--sadly no more-- and look in on Fernando), we always park our bags and butts at Jaime's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OMG Yes I loved Jaime's Blue Reef it was awesome!!!!!! Digby was amazing and so attentive! It was like being in a private resort.  well worth the $50  I think I got taken for my taxi rides but considering they have been with out any tourists for ages I didn't mind paying a little more. it was me and one other couple when I was there and it was an amazing day!!!!  The water was perfect they have put up some kind of fencing to help with the seagrass. I'm sailing again in January and definitely going back 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cocod08 said:

OMG Yes I loved Jaime's Blue Reef it was awesome!!!!!! Digby was amazing and so attentive! It was like being in a private resort.  well worth the $50  I think I got taken for my taxi rides but considering they have been with out any tourists for ages I didn't mind paying a little more. it was me and one other couple when I was there and it was an amazing day!!!!  The water was perfect they have put up some kind of fencing to help with the seagrass. I'm sailing again in January and definitely going back 

How much was your taxi ride? I hadn’t heard they had gone up. Did you pay the same each way?

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

How much was your taxi ride? I hadn’t heard they had gone up. Did you pay the same each way?

they quoted me $8 which I knew was a bit more than normal before Covid but I didn't negotiate as I was just wanting to get to my location 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cocod08 said:

they quoted me $8 which I knew was a bit more than normal before Covid but I didn't negotiate as I was just wanting to get to my location 

Not sure how many in your group but the going rate has been $8 per taxi, (for up to 4 people) for some time now. It used to be $2pp.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coaster said:

No deposit needed. Booked inclusive, but was asked if I wanted PAYG. They offer both.

Thanks - good to know!

We have six visits to Costa Maya next year so looking for some new ideas!

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks - good to know!

We have six visits to Costa Maya next year so looking for some new ideas!

Unless coaster comes back with updates, we're there at the tail end of November.  As always plan on walking around and seeing what's what.  By next year I would expect everything to be back up.

But on one of your visits you should check with Native Choice and do the Blue Lagoon, if you've never been.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Unless coaster comes back with updates, we're there at the tail end of November.  As always plan on walking around and seeing what's what.  By next year I would expect everything to be back up.

But on one of your visits you should check with Native Choice and do the Blue Lagoon, if you've never been.

Can you check out locations of la chilanganoense and Krazy Lobster if you have time, Crew? Trying to work out if they have moved.

If sargassum  isn’t  too bad I think we may give Luna de Plata another try. We only stayed a very short time last time as it was raining but I would like to try lunch there. It seemed a lot quieter but I am not sure they have baffles for the sargassum like the rest of the malecon have installed. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, crewsweeper said:

We'll be there November 10.  Assuming RC doesn't change the itinerary...

On 10/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, c-leg5 said:

Not sure how many in your group but the going rate has been $8 per taxi, (for up to 4 people) for some time now. It used to be $2pp.

It was just me and maybe the going rate had gone up not sure. But It didn't really matter these folks have been without tourist $ for ages and I was glad to pay whatever. 

1 hour ago, cocod08 said:

It was just me and maybe the going rate had gone up not sure. But It didn't really matter these folks have been without tourist $ for ages and I was glad to pay whatever. 

If you were alone sounds like you paid the going rate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cocod08 said:

When Jaime answered my email to book the day pass, he mentioned that the taxi rate had gone up but he didn't say what the current charge was.  What did you pay?

2 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

When Jaime answered my email to book the day pass, he mentioned that the taxi rate had gone up but he didn't say what the current charge was.  What did you pay?

On 10/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, cocod08 said:

13 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

If you were alone sounds like you paid the going rate.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, c-leg5 said:

• Like 2