Are they filling the ships full capacity now

rickcherryb

On 10/9/2021 at 6:40 AM, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I don't think they are doing any capacity caps currently. With that said, it seems that Carnival's occupancy % is ranging from 40-90% based on the sailing. My Carnival Pride in September was 65% while the Horizon in Aug was around 85%.

My Pride in Sept. was 55%. It was great but I realize that can't continue. We sail on Mardi Gras in Nov. I hope it is not at full capacity. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, drafterdw said:

My Pride in Sept. was 55%. It was great but I realize that can't continue.

Whistling Past the Graveyard

Whether half filled ships are due to mandates or customer demand , it's terrible news for the industry . I never concern myself with how a particular industry is doing but this is scary . You know demand isn't there when people are shrugging their shoulders and abandoning large amounts of future cruise credits and OBC's . I've booked a cruise using credits but certainly won't be putting new money in .

We just got off of Breeze this past Thursday. I've no clue what the passenger count was, but it was significantly more crowded than our July 29 sailing on Breeze. Like night-and-day different. This recent cruise seemed barely less-crowded than any pre-Covid sailing. Pools were packed, typical lines at Guy's, pizza, etc. It wasn't horrible by any means and we were just as thrilled to be onboard as we were in July, but just wanted to toss our observations out there!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

We just got off of Breeze this past Thursday. I've no clue what the passenger count was, but it was significantly more crowded than our July 29 sailing on Breeze. Like night-and-day different. This recent cruise seemed barely less-crowded than any pre-Covid sailing. Pools were packed, typical lines at Guy's, pizza, etc. It wasn't horrible by any means and we were just as thrilled to be onboard as we were in July, but just wanted to toss our observations out there!

Our Magic cruise in August was at 55% (assuming two per cabin), and our Magic cruise last week was at almost 70%. We definitely noticed the additional people but it was still far from a typical cruise. 

We were at 65% on MG for the fourth cruise. I'm on Pride next weekend and as late as week before last there were suites available in every single category - unheard of on a Journeys cruise. The suites are all gone again but almost every single other category on almost every deck still had cabins available yesterday. There were a couple of exceptions, but not many. 

We were quoted 3,875 pax onboard Mardi Gras for our 10/09 sailing, later amended to 3,881.  I think that works out to a bit over 60% based on full occupancy.  Lines were generally short, dinner reservations "less than ten minutes" except on the first elegant night, some venues like the comedy shows were still at capacity.