Any one on silver moon now ??

Lvshack

As to comments about service, please refer back to my original post. Or…let me repeat: the Service is wonderful! There are a lot of familiar faces, but the masks make it difficult for all of us to recognize each other. (Damn masks)
I understand the concerns about “ BIG “ SS ships. We old timers love the smaller ships.. I think my favorites will always be The Wind and The Whisper, but this Moon is changing my mind a bit….I will be sailing over the holidays on The Whisper and will see how I feel then.

• Like 2

Hey Capt F. Nice to see you weighing in even if you are unintentionally misinformed. No - I have never listed my favorite cruise line as Oceania. And even if I had, is that a kind of put down? Does that make such an O person unqualified to ask questions about level of service now on SS? I think you assume far too much. I have said O's specialty restaurants  in the past have had the best food at sea, and many times on land too. But I have sailed SS and SB mulltiples of times. O less. I like what RetiredandTravel said quoting Schweitzer on being nice. It applies here too. Informed, interested and interesting cruisers get off a SS, SB or yes, even an Oceania ship, knowing a heck of a lot about a great many of the crew that has just served them. For anyone who doesn't, you have a lot to learn about interfacing with the crew and the enjoyment of travel. A person who asks a very legitimate question on  CC should not have to suffer the slings and arrows of some, haughty others. These ships and crews who work them have been in mothballs for 18 months. Information about current –not yesterday's– service and who provides it are just as important as glitziness, food, booze and whether or not masks are required. Hearsay and stories about the past are not helpful.

5 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

Hey Capt F. Nice to see you weighing in even if you are unintentionally misinformed. No - I have never listed my favorite cruise line as Oceania. And even if I had, is that a kind of put down? Does that make such an O person unqualified to ask questions about level of service now on SS? I think you assume far too much. I have said O's specialty restaurants  in the past have had the best food at sea, and many times on land too. But I have sailed SS and SB mulltiples of times. O less. I like what RetiredandTravel said quoting Schweitzer on being nice. It applies here too. Informed, interested and interesting cruisers get off a SS, SB or yes, even an Oceania ship, knowing a heck of a lot about a great many of the crew that has just served them. For anyone who doesn't, you have a lot to learn about interfacing with the crew and the enjoyment of travel. A person who asks a very legitimate question on  CC should not have to suffer the slings and arrows of some, haughty others. These ships and crews who work them have been in mothballs for 18 months. Information about current –not yesterday's– service and who provides it are just as important as glitziness, food, booze and whether or not masks are required. Hearsay and stories about the past are not helpful.

You are misinformed!  The quote you refer to was originally posted by me!  You are also uninformed about the relevance of the post from Capt F.  You have made up your mind already about a number of issues and this is no longer a discussion.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

I found the condescending elitest reference to Oceania to be completely out of line and was very surprised that that post was allowed to stand while others were deleted.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I found the condescending elitest reference to Oceania to be completely out of line and was very surprised that that post was allowed to stand while others were deleted.

Oceania is not comparable to SS. It runs old Renaissance Cruise line ships that have about 680+ guests in a ship the size of the SS Shadow or Whisper with 380 guests. No matter how good the food may be it’s still a very crowded ship. This is like trying to compare chalk and cheese. And before you ask, we have experience on a number of R ships, nothing wrong with them but they certainly are not Silversea standard. It’s always useful to put these things into context, especially when based on experience.