HAL Capacity Control for Christmas/NY cruise to Mexico??

kath00

Hi all,

Does anyone have any insight as to any capacity control for the Dec 26th cruise to MX from San Diego?  We have sailed this cruise before (pre-COVID) and it was packed, often with 4 people to a room with the kids.  Not that we minded that before but we would now given our current circumstances.  I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any announcements or thoughts you all have heard about this?  I know it is vaccinated only cruise, which is good for us and my elderly parents.  But when I call HAL, they are not willing to say anything more than that.

Thank you for any and all help!  Kato

Nobody is going to have official knowledge. However, the statement when Alaska started was they were going to start with 50% capacity, and ramp up fairly quickly. If you read the many "Live Aboard threads" it seems the ramp up has not gone according to plan, generally. However, as non US citizens will be more able to cruise after Nov 8, you may see more people coming on.

8 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

The holiday cruises are generally very crowded

Are there many holiday cruisers?  Yes, in my past holiday cruises, there have been many guests.  Maybe more children than "usual", even when I sailed on Prinsendam.    But, crowded?  Only on New Year's Eve in some of the venues having a NYE Party was there a larger crowd than one often finds on a HAL vessel.  

My definition of a "holiday crowd" is what I experienced on NYE's Balloon Drop at Midnight in the Atrium of Royal Princess.  Bulkhead to bulkhead packed; leave your seat, you've lost it.  This was true on each deck overlooking the Atrium.  Never experienced anything like that on any HAL ship during the holidays.