Waterproof Wallets?

cruiseandstamp

We tried looking at the dive shops - but they are VERY expensive and unless you plan on doing a lot of diving/snorkeling are probably not worth it. We found ours at an "outdoor store" - carry outdoor clothing; camping gear etc...Also, they were available in the boutique on board the Grand Princess and seemed to be about the same quality of the one we had bought prior to our trip.

I bought a waterproof pouch that hangs on a cord around the neck or waist. It holds everything from some cash to my passport and sign and sail card and is totally waterproof. i bought it at a scuba diving shop and it was only $14.00.

One post said they were available on board, but were not very well made. What did you experience? Will it work for the week only, or last a while?
I have had the same water wallet, bought onboard three years ago and 7 cruises later we are still using it. It is the same type the CC store sells. You can also try amazon and use the 2nd day delivery option?

I use an Aquapac "key master" which is just big enough to carry my ship card, id, credit card and some cash. I have worn it snorkeling and cave tubing and had no problems with leakage. It comes with a cord to hang around your neck and most of it is made of soft plastic which I find more comfortable than the hard plastic cases.

AquaPac makes many other sizes also. As Chrysalsis said, you can buy them at AquaPac's website, but I found that http://www.waterproofcases.net to be less expensive.

If you want absolutely waterproof - something you can carry a passport or other important stuff in, try this:

http://www.watchfuleyedesigns.com/index.cfm

The product works. The company gives great service. I think it's a small "mom & pop" outfit because the service seems very personal. They gave me quick turnaround on a short notice need that I had last year.

Regards.

Chuck

Archived