Best way to get from Havensight to Crown Bay

KarmaCruisers

so we’re on the Sky Princess next month..from what I can tell; it’s docking at Havensight.

Were planning on a beach day at Water Island (Honeymoon Beach).

I know we have to take off from Tickles Bar (Crown Bay)

what’s the recommended mode of transportation from the two docks; for two people?

Nov. 17th -Wednesday -
Rotterdam - 1,404 WICO (11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
Norwegian Escape - 4,248 WICO (6:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Symphony Of The Seas - 5,518 CB (7:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Norwegian Encore - 3,998 WICO (11:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Sky Princess - 3,560 CB (7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

According to VINow you will dock at Crown Bay so you will just walk to the WI ferry, you will need tokens for the ferry. I’m not sure if the cruise line also offers another ferry option?

On 10/18/2021 at 7:15 AM, blue_water said:

Nov. 17th -Wednesday -
Rotterdam - 1,404 WICO (11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
Norwegian Escape - 4,248 WICO (6:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Symphony Of The Seas - 5,518 CB (7:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
Norwegian Encore - 3,998 WICO (11:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Sky Princess - 3,560 CB (7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

According to VINow you will dock at Crown Bay so you will just walk to the WI ferry, you will need tokens for the ferry. I’m not sure if the cruise line also offers another ferry option?

Sorry, we’re on the sky the NEXT week (thanksgiving week) oddly they change docks week to week?

16 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Sorry, we’re on the sky the NEXT week (thanksgiving week) oddly they change docks week to week?

Yes Princess usually docks at Havensight, I don’t see her on the schedule but that doesn’t mean anything…

As O said you just hop a taxi going to Crown Bay and take the small ferry over. When you arrive you may be greeted by a gal who gives free rides (for tips) to Dinghy’s. Sometimes you can also rent a golf cart. If there is a ship at Crown Bay Honeymoon beach may be pretty crowded…

One note, if you do go to WI on the small ferry you will find more people lined up for the return than the ferry holds so if you want to hit Tickle’s or any shopping in CB don’t wait until too late to ferry back.

And we’ve only been to WI while staying on STT and we always had to go to the office to get ferry tokens. So I wonder if the ship excursions desk has them available? I’ve never gotten an answer to that question for some reason…🤷‍♀️

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2021 at 6:43 AM, csj092809 said:

You pay cash to the ferry captain to go to Water Island. No tokens, no going to marina office. 

Thanks for that info, that was not the case a few years ago. When did that change, do you know?

5 hours ago, blue_water said:

Thanks for that info, that was not the case a few years ago. When did that change, do you know?

I am not sure. I have lived here since 2013 and never used a token or gone to the office. Always paid cash to ferry driver. I will ask around and find out!

20 hours ago, csj092809 said:

I am not sure. I have lived here since 2013 and never used a token or gone to the office. Always paid cash to ferry driver. I will ask around and find out!

No worries…☺️ Our only experience with the WI ferry was when we were staying on STT,   . When we arrived we waited for the ferry and the captain informed us we needed to get tokens from the office on the other side of the parking lot. So we walked over and upstairs to get tokens and of course we had to wait for the ferry again…

I looked up when we were there and it was 2015…

I thought maybe the cruise ship excursion desk offered tokens to passengers to save them that hassle…

But it is odd huh? 🤷🏼

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I kind of remember when they took tokens for a short period, but I can't remember why. It may have had something to do with the concession contract negotiation.

I checked the fare about two months ago and was told it was $10 per person each way. The fare should be posted on other websites.

• 3 weeks later...

So have been to STT a couple of times and went to STJ by ferry. The trip to Water Island sounds like fun, but since our ship leaves at 4PM, am a lil worried bout getting a ferry back. Since we'd prolly need to be on a 2PM ferry back, don't think too many people would be returning that early... Any helpful comments!