Gty room question

mina

Hi all.  We will be sailing celebrity for the first time next fall.  Only gty cabins were available to book when we did so.  We have now been assigned a level 3 concierge cabin which is what we booked.   I noticed the room was a connecting cabin and know on princess that the sound travels between the connecting rooms.    On princess you can call and request a cabin change once your cabin is assigned as long as you stay in the same category.  I emailed my cruise consultant to see about getting a non connecting room and she told me since I booked a gty, I can not change even to a cabin in the same category.  Is that true?  Does not seem to make sense.  Not asking for an upgrade, just a change.

I did run into this in July where someone at Celebrity would not do the move for me (which they have done before even though I book through a TA).   A day later my TA did the move without an issue.

I'd try again, don't mention that it's a gty and just say you would like to change to another cabin within the category.

You didn't say what ship you are booked on but so you know "S" class ships other than Reflection the connecting doors are NOT in the cabin.   There is actually another set of doors outside the cabin which create a vestibule for the 2 cabins.  Connecting cabins on these ships are a non issue.   I'm not sure about Edge class ships.

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

I did run into this in July where someone at Celebrity would not do the move for me (which they have done before even though I book through a TA).   A day later my TA did the move without an issue.

I'd try again, don't mention that it's a gty and just say you would like to change to another cabin within the category.

You didn't say what ship you are booked on but so you know "S" class ships other than Reflection the connecting doors are NOT in the cabin.   There is actually another set of doors outside the cabin which create a vestibule for the 2 cabins.  Connecting cabins on these ships are a non issue.   I'm not sure about Edge class ships.

Thank you.  We are on the infinity which is a smaller older ship as I understand.  Assuming it is an s class?  If it does not matter, we will keep the cabin assigned as the location does not matter much other than if the connecting rooms bleed noise like they do on princess.  

No that's a "M" class ship and the doors are connecting.   I find it hard to believe that only GTY cabins were available for a sailing that far out on the older non revolutionized ship.  Celebrity shore side operations is very inconsistent so if you don't like what you hear, call again.

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No that's a "M" class ship and the doors are connecting.   I find it hard to believe that only GTY cabins were available for a sailing that far out on the older non revolutionized ship.  Celebrity shore side operations is very inconsistent so if you don't like what you hear, call again.

Thank you I will.  It is for one of the Croatia itineraries and only gty was open to book during the 20 percent sail when I booked it.

Edited by mina