FCC Extension to use in 2023 ?

Beer Belly

We have a good chunk of FCC left over that must be applied before it expires December 31 of this year. It can be used to book a cruise in 2022, which we did, and be used for certain items on that cruise. I have heard from NCL that they may extend the use of the FCC to 2023, which we have a cruised booked also. We would rather use the FCC on the 2023 cruise, rather than the 2022 cruise. Anybody have any insider info on any extention of FCC ?

NCL have been working aggressively both through travel agents and D2C to get customers to redeem their FCC before they expire at the end of this year (book by date) to get as much 2022 business on the books as is possible.  I don’t expect we will hear anything about potentially extending either the book by or sail by dates until we are past the Black Friday/Cyberweek sales period.  I think they are more likely to extend the book by date to sometime in Late Q1 or early Q2 of 2022 and leave the sail by date of 12/31/22 in place. They want, and need, to get the FCC liability off the balance sheet ASAP. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

If they don't extend it so I can use it on my 2023 cruise, then my 2022 cruise is going to get $1,800 in upgrades......not interested in two cruises in 2022, which my agent is pushing, just way too much on our plate next year.

5 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

If they don't extend it so I can use it on my 2023 cruise, then my 2022 cruise is going to get $1,800 in upgrades......not interested in two cruises in 2022, which my agent is pushing, just way too much on our plate next year.

Your agent might not be a good agent then. He is more concerned about making a commission. 

I have used FCC on a 2023 cruise already. They need to go thru some effort which is why they are telling you otherwise.

• Like 1

Really in the end it does not make a hill of bean difference.  If you pay $2000 FCC for cruise number 1 and $2000 cash towards number 2 OR if you pay $200 cash towards #2 and $2000 FCC towards #3, you have still paid $2000 in cash and $2000 in FCC total.  How you pay for a cruise does not impact upgrading.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Really in the end it does not make a hill of bean difference.  If you pay $2000 FCC for cruise number 1 and $2000 cash towards number 2 OR if you pay $200 cash towards #2 and $2000 FCC towards #3, you have still paid $2000 in cash and $2000 in FCC total.  How you pay for a cruise does not impact upgrading.

How do you figure?

If OP has $4000 in FCC and uses $2200 for a 2022 cruise, that means they have $1800 left over which they would like to apply towards a 2023 cruise.

If the $1800 cannot be used in 2023 and will be lost at the end of 2022, then using it for an upgrade is the only other way, other than booking a 2nd cruise in 2022 to use it.

The end result is they either have 2 cruises, one for 2022 and one for 2023 or 1 cruise in an upgraded cabin for 2022.

This would require them to outlay more cash for a 2023 cruise.

Steve

On 10/22/2021 at 2:32 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

How do you figure?

If OP has $4000 in FCC and uses $2200 for a 2022 cruise, that means they have $1800 left over which they would like to apply towards a 2023 cruise.

If the $1800 cannot be used in 2023 and will be lost at the end of 2022, then using it for an upgrade is the only other way, other than booking a 2nd cruise in 2022 to use it.

The end result is they either have 2 cruises, one for 2022 and one for 2023 or 1 cruise in an upgraded cabin for 2022.

This would require them to outlay more cash for a 2023 cruise.

Steve

Exactly....except we need to apply the FCC by year end. I did call NCL, still not able to apply to the 2023 cruise. It might be because the FCC originated from a cruise in 2020 that was cancelled, and with everything up in the air earlier this year as far as COVID, we are hoping 2022 will be better.

Edited by Beer Belly

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

Exactly....except we need to apply the FCC by year end. I did call NCL, still not able to apply to the 2023 cruise. It might be because the FCC originated from a cruise in 2020 that was cancelled, and with everything up in the air earlier this year as far as COVID, we are hoping 2022 will be better.

Mine originated in 2020 as well and was already applied to a 2023 cruise. Its all on the agent if they want to go thru the effort.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Mine originated in 2020 as well and was already applied to a 2023 cruise. Its all on the agent if they want to go thru the effort.

My agent tried once again, not able to apply to our 2023 cruise😔. She did manage to rebook our upcoming cruise and save $192.