NCL refund processing times currently

Cruise Gopher

Does anyone have any datapoints they can share with how long a refund took to credit back to your credit card after you canceled a reservation? I canceled one 8 days ago and it has not hit yet. Back in June when I canceled one it took 7 days. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher

I cancelled a dining package on 10/16 and it has not been returned yet.  I didn't want to cancel, I just wanted to change from 2 to 4 meals but they said it can not be done.  When I pay them they take the money out of my account before I even get off the phone.  I assume they are in no hurry to issue refunds.  I refuse to rebook the dining again until my funds have been returned.

16 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Does anyone have any datapoints they can share with how long a refund took to credit back to your credit card after you canceled a reservation? I canceled one 8 days ago and it has not hit yet. Back in June when I canceled one it took 7 days. 

I've cancelled 3 cruises in the last few months, in all cases it took between 10-16 working days for the refunds to post.  These refunds were all before my final pay date.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

On 10/21/2021 at 5:23 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

That almost NEVER happens in these modern times. 

Except when it does.

Well if this thread shows anything, it's that there is not consistency in how long NCL takes to refund. In this one VERY small sample we have dates ranging from 3 days to over a month without a refund yet.

1 hour ago, CherWolf said:

I was notified on 11/10/21 that the 11/14 Encore sailing was cancelled.  I received a full refund on 11/13.

15 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

7 days.  It's like clockwork.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, kamikazii said:

We cancelled to rebook (better deal through a travel agent) back in June and it took 2 weeks to get the $ back. 

On 10/21/2021 at 8:40 AM, WarfRatWA said:

I've cancelled 3 cruises in the last few months, in all cases it took between 10-16 working days for the refunds to post. 

On 10/21/2021 at 8:28 AM, RRSeeker said:

I cancelled a dining package on 10/16 and it has not been returned yet.