Brining Booty Back

WholeNewWorld

Quick Question: Does anyone know if there's a stair stepper in the gym of Insignia?  

Longer story: Over the last year I've lost almost 60 pounds. (2 pounds to go...)  Got my eating habits under control and now I'm actually happy with myself for the first time ever.  Now I'm working on bringing form back to the right places.  🙂 

I do lift weights, but I'd rather something more stable on a moving ship.  

Thanks!!!!

18 hours ago, WholeNewWorld said:

Quick Question: Does anyone know if there's a stair stepper in the gym of Insignia?  

Longer story: Over the last year I've lost almost 60 pounds. (2 pounds to go...)  Got my eating habits under control and now I'm actually happy with myself for the first time ever.  Now I'm working on bringing form back to the right places.  🙂 

I do lift weights, but I'd rather something more stable on a moving ship.  

Thanks!!!!

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! I don't really have a problem with weight, but I know how long it takes to lose even five or six pounds after a cruise.

I've never been on the Insignia (my O experience is limited to the Marina and Riviera), but I've been on nearly thirty cruises on about eight or nine different cruise lines and I don't recall ever seeing a stair-stepper (and I use the gym almost every day when I'm onboard).

But you can of course just take the stairs on the ship rather than the elevator. If you're concerned with losing your balance, just use the handrail. In all of my cruises I've never once taken an elevator, and most of my cruises have been in the 14-17 day range. On a small ship like the Insignia you're not likely to go up or down enough flights at any one time to get a "real" workout, but the cumulative effect of all those flights over the course of a cruise will  help maintain your fitness regimen.

Good luck!

Jim

• Like 1

It has been a few years since I have been on Insignia but I was on for close to a month. I do not recall a stair stepper. However, it is a really nice gym and plenty of equipment to get you and keep you in shape. I used it regularly. I also never use the elevator and the steps add to burning calories. Good Luck.

• Like 1