Bed Location and NOLA views?

familycruzer

• familycruzer changed the title to Bed Location and NOLA views?

I can't speak of which side would be best for a NOLA cruise but to make sure that I am getting the bed placement I prefer, I go to the NCL website and do a mock booking. At the point where you are able to select the stateroom it will tell you the bed placement. If you already have booked a room, you will not be able to select it on the same voyage but you can do mock bookings for other dates on the same ship. If you are booking through a TA they may not show the bed placement information.

encore.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wacruiselover said:

I can't speak of which side would be best for a NOLA cruise but to make sure that I am getting the bed placement I prefer, I go to the NCL website and do a mock booking. At the point where you are able to select the stateroom it will tell you the bed placement. If you already have booked a room, you will not be able to select it on the same voyage but you can do mock bookings for other dates on the same ship. If you are booking through a TA they may not show the bed placement information.

encore.jpg

I never noticed that before in details. Thank you 

For the view of the city of New Orleans you’d want the port side during the short time for sail away.  But there are no sea views because you’re on the river for several hours during the dark.  You’ll enter the gulf in the wee hours.   

Edited by melodyesch
  • Like 1

Ships rarely cruise in sight of land unless they're coming into port or they're going through a strait.  Close to land is where all the dangers are, such are shoals, reefs, sandbars, rocks, etc.  It really makes no difference what side of the ship your cabin is located.  If you miss something coming into port, you'll see it from you cabin on the way out.

18 hours ago, melodyesch said:

For the view of the city of New Orleans you’d want the port side during the short time for sail away.  But there are no sea views because you’re on the river for several hours during the dark.  You’ll enter the gulf in the wee hours.   

OTOH, the views of the oil derrick platforms are beautiful, IMO. The chain of them are brightly lit.