Quarantine policy in Caribbean

Meemster

We are excited to be sailing on a Caribbean sailing on the Silhouette in February. Wondering what the latest protocol is if after being on board someone (fully vaccinated) becomes ill and tests positive for Covid. Will they be quarantined or have to get off at the next island port or be moved to a quarantine cabin? Thanks for any info that would be helpful. Just a bit apprehensive about this upcoming cruise should we become ill. 

You might be surprised to learn that most islands in the Caribbean are different countries. Each of those countries has specific rules about what to do with people who enter their country with contagious diseases.

The cruise lines are legally required to report any infectious disease cases onboard before entering the sovereign waters of nearly every country. At that point, the country in question decides what the cruise line must do with the affected person / people.

Not only are the rules different in many different countries, but they are constantly changing with regard to illnesses like COVID.

You may have a difficult time finding exactly what a cruise ship is required to do with infected people in a specific country on a specific date in the future.

• Like 1

This concern is keeping me from booking a Caribbean cruise right now.  I'm not worried about getting so sick as to need hospitalization.  I am worried about a single positive test effectively ending my vacation. 

The second worse thing that can happen is to be quarantined onboard until the ship returns to the US. 

The worst thing that can happen is to be disembarked into a quarantine hotel in a foreign port. 

9 minutes ago, BlueRiband said:

This concern is keeping me from booking a Caribbean cruise right now.  I'm not worried about getting so sick as to need hospitalization.  I am worried about a single positive test effectively ending my vacation. 

The second worse thing that can happen is to be quarantined onboard until the ship returns to the US. 

The worst thing that can happen is to be disembarked into a quarantine hotel in a foreign port. 

All positive tests are double checked. So no one test result would  not end your vacation. 

On 11/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, BlueRiband said:

I agree! Does anyone have info on passengers that had to be quarantine in a Caribbean hotel?

On 11/16/2021 at 12:01 PM, Meemster said:

We are excited to be sailing on a Caribbean sailing on the Silhouette in February. Wondering what the latest protocol is if after being on board someone (fully vaccinated) becomes ill and tests positive for Covid. Will they be quarantined or have to get off at the next island port or be moved to a quarantine cabin? Thanks for any info that would be helpful. Just a bit apprehensive about this upcoming cruise should we become ill. 

Celebrity, at the nearest port, has been disembarking folks who test positive and, at its expense, flying them home via a private air transfer.   (This policy right now has an end date of April 30 2022.)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

The Celebrity web site is a good place to start when looking for Celebrity's policies on Covid-19 (or anything else), and the Celebrity forum is the best place to ask your Celebrity-specific questions.