NCL is returning the phone

luckyinpa

You may select one of the following options to have your property shipped to you:

$ 102.37 UPS Next Day Air (next-business-day delivery)

$ 54.28 UPS 2nd Day Air (second-business-day delivery)

Please click the button to pay for shipping & purchase optional insurance on our secure site

i think the charges are a tad high, and there should have been an option for slower delivery, but it is what it is. gf left her phone on the BA on halloween. we didnt realize it till well away from the pier and there was one stop we made in NYC so it could have been there. she tried the find a phone thing but with my andriod it wouldnt work. guess it hates apple. back in PA we went to an apple store to buy a new phone.  the guy at the apple store said nothing they could do nor could verizon at their store. gf did try the find a phone from the apple store on their device. it wasnt working. assumed no signal because dead battery or something. but the apple store guy said if a phone is off they not only cannot find it, he said they dont even know the last known position. i dont think this is true! 

when we got home we had a spare apple phone and could log on and see the item was on the ship!  we also saw as the ship headed down the river , there it went....bye bye...sigh. we did the lock procedure and put my number on the lock screen. yet ncl never called that number. obviously the battery was working as we followed the device down the river lol. nor did anyone pick the number up when we did call it before we turned off the service.

well who do you call on a sunday. ncl customer whatever is closed sundays. the port just had an answering machine. ugh. someone on FB did say they knew someone on the ship now so we got in contact with them and they did confirm the phone was at the front desk. how frustrating to know it was there..yet so far..for us. we called the number that the NCL person gave the FB contact and also did the online NCL lost form and just this afternoon we got the above message.  the phone itself is probably worth 100 used but there are some vacation pics on there which cannot be replaced so it will be nice to get the phone back. big thanks to all who helped out with this endeavor.

and while we never will know for sure. we are guessing Alvin on deck 13 found it while cleaning the cabin so 1000 gold stars to Alvin!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

You may select one of the following options to have your property shipped to you:

$ 102.37 UPS Next Day Air (next-business-day delivery)

$ 54.28 UPS 2nd Day Air (second-business-day delivery)

Please click the button to pay for shipping & purchase optional insurance on our secure site

i think the charges are a tad high, and there should have been an option for slower delivery, but it is what it is. gf left her phone on the BA on halloween. we didnt realize it till well away from the pier and there was one stop we made in NYC so it could have been there. she tried the find a phone thing but with my andriod it wouldnt work. guess it hates apple. back in PA we went to an apple store to buy a new phone.  the guy at the apple store said nothing they could do nor could verizon at their store. gf did try the find a phone from the apple store on their device. it wasnt working. assumed no signal because dead battery or something. but the apple store guy said if a phone is off they not only cannot find it, he said they dont even know the last known position. i dont think this is true! 

when we got home we had a spare apple phone and could log on and see the item was on the ship!  we also saw as the ship headed down the river , there it went....bye bye...sigh. we did the lock procedure and put my number on the lock screen. yet ncl never called that number. obviously the battery was working as we followed the device down the river lol. nor did anyone pick the number up when we did call it before we turned off the service.

well who do you call on a sunday. ncl customer whatever is closed sundays. the port just had an answering machine. ugh. someone on FB did say they knew someone on the ship now so we got in contact with them and they did confirm the phone was at the front desk. how frustrating to know it was there..yet so far..for us. we called the number that the NCL person gave the FB contact and also did the online NCL lost form and just this afternoon we got the above message.  the phone itself is probably worth 100 used but there are some vacation pics on there which cannot be replaced so it will be nice to get the phone back. big thanks to all who helped out with this endeavor.

and while we never will know for sure. we are guessing Alvin on deck 13 found it while cleaning the cabin so 1000 gold stars to Alvin!  

This is AWSOME! Congratulations 😉