Joy Haven 2 bedroom Suite bed/couch size

crockea

Question for any of you that have traveled on the Joy in the 2 bedroom haven suite.  Does the couch/bed in the 2nd bedroom fold out flat or is it literally just a couch?  I recall on the Epic and Getaway that the lower bed was about the size of a full and flat so that 2 people could sleep there comfortably.  Let me know what you know :)

I was on her sister ship Encore and the couch in the second bedroom did pull out to twin or full bed like on Epic, Escape and other newer NCL ships. 2 smaller people can sleep there.   The couch in the living room is just a couch that can be used as a bed for 1 person.  

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

If I recall it correctly it's a bed for one person. I would suggest that you go to YouTube, in search box type in the ships name and cabin number and you should get to see a walkthrough of that cabin or one of the same type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajs922 said:

If I recall it correctly it's a bed for one person. I would suggest that you go to YouTube, in search box type in the ships name and cabin number and you should get to see a walkthrough of that cabin or one of the same type.

The bed can be made for 1 or extended for 2. 

When set for 2, it should look like this....(Bliss)

202470921_DSCN4195Cabin.thumb.jpg.2294b9

When fully extended, getting into the bathroom is more difficult but not impossible. 

• Like 1

Oh no!  I bid on this, thinking my Mom would be more comfortable with her own bedroom and bathroom.  I figured the bed would be like the solo cabins...so I could definitely sleep on that.  I'm not sure I could do a couch bed (and I would never make my mom do it!)  Hmmmmm...maybe I'll save the money (which could easily be a non-issue if my bid isn't accepted) and share the king sized bed with her.

10 minutes ago, cmecruise1962 said:

Oh no!  I bid on this, thinking my Mom would be more comfortable with her own bedroom and bathroom.  I figured the bed would be like the solo cabins...so I could definitely sleep on that.  I'm not sure I could do a couch bed (and I would never make my mom do it!)  Hmmmmm...maybe I'll save the money (which could easily be a non-issue if my bid isn't accepted) and share the king sized bed with her.

In my research as we will have one of these rooms on Encore for our Alaska cruise in 2022, some people have asked for multiple egg crate toppers from the room attendant which has made it a bit more comfortable.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is a bunk bed above it as well that comes out of the ceiling.

• Like 1