Options for a Trans-Atlantic?

jimgev

We will be flying from FLL to Europe and taking a cruise ship back. We will park and shuttle to the airport. On return we will need a shuttle from the cruise port to the parking location. What are the best parking and shuttle options for this? 

Taxi or Uber/Lyft will almost always be your best transport options. 

As to parking options...you are talking about parking somewhere other than the airport prior to your flight? There are many discussions on the various near port parking options. If you are parking near the port, as far as I have heard, those lots all have shuttles from the port to the parking.

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Taxi or Uber/Lyft will almost always be your best transport options. 

As to parking options...you are talking about parking somewhere other than the airport prior to your flight? There are many discussions on the various near port parking options. If you are parking near the port, as far as I have heard, those lots all have shuttles from the port to the parking.

We always drive to the port and park at one of the sites that offers a shuttle to the port. But they do not have shuttles to the airport. I'm wondering if there is a better option than taking a taxi from the parking lot to the airport.

We also live in Florida. We (pre-Covid) would do one way car rentals to the cruise ports and again home from airport when we do the Transatlantic. 

1 - we normally spend a little more time in Europe before flying back  - a four week parking bill was higher than 2 one way rentals. 

2 - also we like parking our car at home where it is not so obvious that we are away. 

3 - Don’t like worrying about the car in a parking lot all that time. Who knows what could happen to it. And that would delay us going home. 

I must add I have not priced one way rentals recently. But did it many times before. 

1 hour ago, jimgev said:

We always drive to the port and park at one of the sites that offers a shuttle to the port. But they do not have shuttles to the airport. I'm wondering if there is a better option than taking a taxi from the parking lot to the airport.

The shuttle services frequently mentioned here, such as SAS, only pick up at pre-announced locations...such as certain hotels, the airport, the port. I don't imagine there would be much demand for a port parking facility to airport run. Fall back to taxi or Uber/Lyft.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jimgev said:

What are the best parking and shuttle options for this? 

PARK'N FLY - Ft. Lauderdale 

Rates Starting at: $12.95/Day Online

https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/fll-fort-lauderdale-airport-parking/park-n-fly-ft-lauderdale?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_fll   

From their website: "Our Park ‘N Fly location near the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Port Everglades offers more than just a convenient location to park your car during your trip or cruise."

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:13 AM, Oviedo32765 said:

PARK'N FLY - Ft. Lauderdale 

Rates Starting at: $12.95/Day Online

https://www.pnf.com/airport-parking/fll-fort-lauderdale-airport-parking/park-n-fly-ft-lauderdale?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_fll   

From their website: "Our Park ‘N Fly location near the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Port Everglades offers more than just a convenient location to park your car during your trip or cruise."

+1

We've used Park n Fly at Port Everglades and find them fast, efficient and easy.....Just make reservations ahead.