Interesting note on the NCL Pearl room decriptions - Club Balcony and Suites..

scar4711

14 minutes ago, scar4711 said:

on the room description:

Note: Norwegian Pearl accommodations will undergo a significant renovation. After December 5, 2021, this stateroom will no longer have a bathtub, and the photos and floorplan will change.

Unfortunately, it isn't just NCL that is removing some bathtubs.

I'm among those who love to relax in a nice tub, especially after a hectic excursion day, or perhaps "just because".  After all, the phone won't ring, I don't have errands to do...

It's totally "vacation time"!

What I especially loved were the tubs in the Pearl Haven 2BR suites (they are like that in a few other places), where there is a HUGE picture window right next to the tub.

The first time in that 2BR, I filled the tub with LOTS (!!) of bubbles.  DH took a terrific faux "x-rated" photo of me in the tub, carefully veiled in the midst of all those bubbles. 😳

Fun memories when looking at that photo...

I realize that some people have difficulty getting into/out of tubs, and I've been in that situation myself.  Too bad they can't have equivalent accommodations with or without tubs.  That would just make reservations even more complicated, of course, and probably most people don't feel strongly (?).

GC

Those Pearl, and the Jewel class ship mini suite (Club Balcony), and suites bathroom tubs were a product of an era when guests were much smaller...and even then the tubs were pretty small.  Much like the chairs throughout the ships being replaced with larger ones not long before the Covid shutdown, those tubs probably would not accommodate many of the guests any more.  And, to even shower you had step over the very tall edges of them to enter.  I always wondered how many people fell getting in and out.  They just weren't a very good design idea.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Those Pearl, and the Jewel class ship mini suite (Club Balcony), and suites bathroom tubs were a product of an era when guests were much smaller...and even then the tubs were pretty small.  Much like the chairs throughout the ships being replaced with larger ones not long before the Covid shutdown, those tubs probably would not accommodate many of the guests any more.  And, to even shower you had step over the very tall edges of them to enter.  I always wondered how many people fell getting in and out.  They just weren't a very good design idea.  

I was happy  have a spa pass on the Gem. The tub walls in the then mini suite I booked were insurmountable for me.