Sold out or holding out excursions?

suezyq50

Guest BasicSailor

Not much of a fan on overpriced Carnival excursions. Other than those who chose to do bubble excursions "covid related".

Going a bit off topic, sue....

Ive probably sailed Carnival on half of my cruises, i very often book excursions directly with merchant.  

That said, the one time in St Thomas we got crappy weather we had a catamaran booked via cruise line.  We were able to cancel no questions asked.  The boat did sail and im sure it was a Rain or Shine guarantee if booked comparable item online. 

Back to the original topic, I don't think they hold back excursions.  Why risk it?  A dollar in the hand is worth two in the bush.  I was just on the Panorama, and the two excursions that I went on sold out before we set sail (I'd bought mine in advance).  When I went to the excursions desk looking for a third excursion, they still showed as sold out.  I think that perhaps they add some excursions as the sailing nears, these days (since some excursion companies are also in their own restart process) but I don't think they set aside tickets to sell on board.

Some excursions, both those offered through Carnival and those through independent tour companies, have a limited capacity. If you come across one that says sold out, you have two options. Keep checking to see if there's been a cancellation (rare, but it does happen), or choose a different excursion. I don't believe Carnival holds back any slots, but, if there's enough of a demand, especially if it's some type of bus tour, it's possible that an additional bus may be added. Regardless, it's always best to book as early as possible.