Failure of health declaration?

DaisyPop32

2 out of 5 members of our party may have been in contact with somebody that has covid and we’re due to travel next week (awaiting test results). What does this mean for our cruise does anyone know? If the test is positive would we be eligible for FCC or just lose our money? Would the 3 others still have to go even though the 2 that has been in contact live with them? Any help appreciated!

6 minutes ago, DaisyPop32 said:

2 out of 5 members of our party may have been in contact with somebody that has covid and we’re due to travel next week (awaiting test results). What does this mean for our cruise does anyone know? If the test is positive would we be eligible for FCC or just lose our money? Would the 3 others still have to go even though the 2 that has been in contact live with them? Any help appreciated!

Don’t ask on here ask P&O direct all you get is peoples opinions here which are usually well you can imagine the experts on here🤷‍♂️

Just now, Manx buoy said:

Don’t ask on here ask P&O direct all you get is peoples opinions here which are usually well you can imagine the experts on here🤷‍♂️

We’ve tried this, can’t get through to P&O via phone and no answer on emails - starting to get a bit panicky so I thought I’d try my luck in case someone on here knew/experienced anything as you never know how valuable someone else’s experience could be! 

14 minutes ago, DaisyPop32 said:

If you look on the UK Government website there is a section called "Self-isolation removed for double-jabbed close contacts from 16 August" This seems to imply that if your PCR covid tests are negative you will be deemed ok healthwise.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Why do you get so irate, it seems that unless posts follow your own idea of how it should be written, and what context should be covered, they should be deleted.

Please try to relax, its only cruise forum, it's not a Pulitzer contender.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, john watson said:

If you look on the UK Government website there is a section called "Self-isolation removed for double-jabbed close contacts from 16 August" This seems to imply that if your PCR covid tests are negative you will be deemed ok healthwise.

Regards John

This isn't the case for Omnicron cases - all contacts of suspected omnicron cases must self isolate for 10 days regardless of test results and vaccine status

The P&O protocols are very clear on this (see the Covid protocols on website). Anyone who is a confirmed contact of a positive test within 14 days of their sail date will not be able to travel.  The connected parties will be given 100% FCC but this is not covered by ABTA until a new booking is made.  Passengers have to notify P&O immediately there is confirmation of contact/positive test.  Regarding your insurance some policies will cover the 14 day cancellation, a large number fo not and advise you to deal with your holiday provider, in this case P&O.  You should not be lose your money but will have to look for a suitable replacement and time if you have one of the insurers who do not cover the 14 day cancellation situation.

Relevant part for your group:

"Are you travelling with friends and family on a different booking? Link your bookings that way if one member of your group tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to board, you’re also able to opt to cancel your booking. You’ll receive a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the value of the cruise. Please note that this FCC is not ABTA or ATOL protected until a new booking is made. We’ll also automatically refund any pre-cruise purchases made via My P&O Cruises."

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The nub of this seems to be clarifying what the OP means by "may have been in contact with somebody who has covid".  Is the suggestion that the person who allegedly has covid might not actually have it?  or is the suggestion the 2 out of the 5 are not certain that they were actually in contact with a person with a confirmed case?  It sounds like the waiting for test results (plural) relates to the 2/5 and it is not definitively mentioned that the "person with covid" has been tested and confirmed.  Overall it does not sound good in relation to the cruise lines policy..

Regards John

Edited by john watson

32 minutes ago, john watson said:

The nub of this seems to be clarifying what the OP means by "may have been in contact with somebody who has covid".  Is the suggestion that the person who allegedly has covid might not actually have it?  or is the suggestion the 2 out of the 5 are not certain that they were actually in contact with a person with a confirmed case?  It sounds like the waiting for test results (plural) relates to the 2/5 and it is not definitively mentioned that the "person with covid" has been tested and confirmed.  Overall it does not sound good in relation to the cruise lines policy..

Regards John

I must apologise as even re-reading it myself it seemed very vague! 2 members of our party were in close contact with an individual that is awaiting test results to see if they have covid. Not sounding good by the looks of it… 

2 minutes ago, DaisyPop32 said:

I must apologise as even re-reading it myself it seemed very vague! 2 members of our party were in close contact with an individual that is awaiting test results to see if they have covid. Not sounding good by the looks of it… 

So those 2 members of your party have been told to isolate?

Just now, jimbo1683 said:

So those 2 members of your party have been told to isolate?

No as they are both fully vaccinated so under government rules they wouldn’t have a need to unless the individual is positive and sequenced for the new strain from what I’ve read. P&O seem to have a different rule surrounding this however (as I understand it) as they won’t allow you to board if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has tested positive in the past 14 days. Just wondering what the implications was on this but Megabear2 seems to have cleared it up for me! 

Fingers crossed for a nasty cold instead…

18 hours ago, DaisyPop32 said:

The good news is that if the person who allegedly has covid gets test results back which are negative everything turns out brilliant.  This is because nobody has been in contact with anyone who has covid.

Regards John

The question is something like 'has any of your party been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus?'. If you answer yes, your booking will be cancelled. No ifs, no buts, no second changes.

You will be entitled to 100% FCC along with any linked booking that was travelling with you.

You can try the travel insurance route however I'm led to believe that they will not pay out if P&O is willing to give you FCC as you've not suffered a loss, just delayed enjoyment.

• Like 1

Luckily the individual has had a negative test so we have no concern. Phew!

We did manage to get through to P&O and they informed us that it’s only the individual that has been in contact with a positive case that would get FCC. If you have other linked members of your party (and you live with them!), they would still be expected to go.. interesting.

Delighted it all worked out. However if it hadn't I think you were given incorrect information. The protocols are quite clear:

"Are you travelling with friends and family on a different booking? Link your bookings that way if one member of your group tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to board, you’re also able to opt to cancel your booking. You’ll receive a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the value of the cruise. "

33 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Delighted it all worked out. However if it hadn't I think you were given incorrect information. The protocols are quite clear:

"Are you travelling with friends and family on a different booking? Link your bookings that way if one member of your group tests positive for COVID-19 and is unable to board, you’re also able to opt to cancel your booking. You’ll receive a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the value of the cruise. "

We did indeed quote this to the help line and was informed that it is only applicable if someone that is boarding has tested positive - not if only one/two etc has been in contact with a positive case. I must admit we were sceptical as the lady on the phone (although very nice) had to go and ask someone else every time we had a question surrounding this predicament as the P&O website information didn’t cover it. We didn’t pry any further however as our situation had sorted itself. Just found it interesting..

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

The question is something like 'has any of your party been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus?'. If you answer yes, your booking will be cancelled. No ifs, no buts, no second changes.

DaisypPop although it's irrelevant the quote above from Molecrochip is from someone within P&O.  Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure it will be great.