Unvaxxed Children Still Require Boat Excursion?

kelikea

Hey everyone. My family and I are booked on the Odyssey of the Seas for 2/20/2022. Our two boys are 7 and 3 and the oldest is currently fully-vaccinated, while the little guy is not. We went on an MSC cruise in October, and we were required to book boat excursions in order to get off the boat. Is it the same for RCCL? I understand it may depend on the countries you'll be stopping at (Mexico for this cruise), but I was just wondering if we were required to get excursions to get off the boat, or if we (as a family of four with one unvaccinated kiddo) can just walk off the boat and do what we want. Thank you!

You will need a bubble excursion. One of the hassles and hoops you currently have to endure traveling with an unvaccinated child. Some other things to consider. Many have been complaining about the children's programs POST covid on Royal. (Lack of slots, requiring children to not interact with each other and sit in their own personal circle and not interact with other children causing the kids to beg not to be sent back) Then add in the venues and shows that you can attend is limited with an unvaccinated child, making you feel like a second class citizen.

It's not easy to have a relaxing cruise vacation traveling in such a manner. Some push through and enjoy, while many are annoyed and turned off.

Edited by binro01

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As your 7 yr is fully vaxxed you may be able to get off the ship with the 3 of you and arrange for the 3 yr to go to their daycare center.     

Then the AO on RCI ships needs to be improved...Leaving you unvaxxed child to sit in a confined circle for hours isn't fair to the child. Most of these kids probably go to some sort of day care...if these schools are able to handle this situation then RCI needs to also !!!!