International travellers

Liverpoollovely

Hi,

I live in the UK and will be flying in to Miami, Does anyone know of anywhere that International travellers can go to get a covid test? 

Also has anyone gone on a back to back recently - do you need to get a covid test for when you get back onto the ship?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Do you want a COVID test pre-cruise?  You'll need to hunt down a CVS or Walgreens or similar. They are everywhere here in FL, but best to make a reservation on-line if you can.  Since you are from out-of-country there will probably be a cost.  I would bet Miami airport also offers them (definitely at a cost).

For your B2B, if both are on Carnival then they do test you for the second leg, and will provide the test for you free of charge.

• Like 1

Register online at Walgreens or CVS pharmacies, at a location close to your hotel.  Use your hotel address for the registration, and select uninsured.  Both pharmacies, do not charge for uninsured people (government program).  Have used them both, as a Canadian traveller.  When doing B2B, the ship will test you at the end of the first cruise.

Edited by jkhammy
spelling error
  • Like 2

If your plans A and B, and back up plans C and D fall through like ours did, Salvation Army at 911 West Flagler Street in Miami, (located at the back of the building in the parking lot) saved the day for the 5 of us needing tests.  Coming from Colorado, I did everything I could possibly do ahead of time to make sure we could get the required testing.  Most people have no problems, but we were part of the few that did due to sites just up and leaving early for the day, to cancelling last minute etc.  Being on foot made it even more difficult, but got an Uber to the Salvation Army and they happily tested us for free.  There was a place to fill out insurance info, but we left it blank. Got another Uber to take us back to the hotel and our results arrived on our phones while on the drive back.

• Like 4

I’m in the same position and am taking tests with me from U.K. and will be doing a supervised call back to the U.K. As long as it’s supervised and the test is FDA /CDC approved, it’s approved by the cruise lines,  it’s a very cheap and easy way to do it. Two companies I’m looking at are Breathe Assured and Medwyn, both suitable. Probably going to do Medwyn, cost is £29. Just get them delivered before you leave, pack in case and book your supervised appointment. Just make sure your hotel has good wifi or you will need to use your data.
Alternatively , testing is available at Miami airport and Dolphins Mall but it’s expensive

• Like 1