On Encore right now (12/12/21 sailing)

AtlantaCruiser72

We have been on Celebrity, post covid, and it was wonderful! How is it with NCL? I’m a little concerned to hear that cast members are in quarantine for covid. Celebrity captain made daily announcements announcing that all crew have tested negative and their are no passenger cases to report, total transparency. I liked that! I believe, both lines have 100% vaccinated and pre tested. We sail on ncl 12/26….

Cruise continues to be exceptional in most regards. Had an excellent dinner last night in Cagneys. Steaks cooked to

perfection (Mom had Ribeye I had the Porterhouse). Service continues to be great throughout the ship. The Local has become our go-to for breakfast and lunch. Food has been hot, fresh and flavorful. 

we went to the new Taino Bay port yesterday in Puerta Plata. Nice facility but only about 1/2 complete. Beautiful pool area and lovely set up with shops etc. when 100% it stands to be a real winner. Town center an easy walk from port and seems very safe. 

Sad today is the last of the cruise. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

we went to the new Taino Bay port yesterday in Puerta Plata. Nice facility but only about 1/2 complete. Beautiful pool area and lovely set up with shops etc. when 100% it stands to be a real winner. Town center an easy walk from port and seems very safe. 

Sad today is the last of the cruise. 

Were they still running the excursions?  I think that's what we'd rather do than just walk off.

Thanks for your review..we were suppose to be on that cancelled Nov.14th Encore cruise that got stuck at the Panama Canal , and we re- booked for Jan.9th..glad Puerto Plata finally open , even though not 100% complete.....was St. Thomas open ? I hear many stores are still closed...masks now required announced 2 days ago by NCL..pretty disappointing, but we'll manage...

Big Al

Edited by big al
added

13 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Are they requiring you do their excursions or can you still book your own?

We were able to go ashore as we wished.  No restrictions.

This is itinerary specific and NCL does have a list of ports where tours are required on their website. Things can and do change with little notice and NCL keep the information as up to date as they can.  https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country