Carnival Vista - Room Outlets

TexasJohn82

Hello all!

Was checking to see if any recent Vista cruisers had any insight on if they have changed the room lamps to have USB outlets yet?  I will be in a Havana Suite so looking to see what power strips need to bring to get over to the bed for phones, etc.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

47 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm curious as to what the need for a USB outlet is.  I see these threads all the time on CC now.  I realize that many of today's electronics and batteries of one kind or another require a USB but doesn't everyone already have one via there phone charger?  And if not, a very small AC outlet/USB adapter certainly can be bought for a few bucks.  What am I missing here?  Is it just the desire for extra USB outlets to have as much capacity possible? 

It's so people can charge their cell phone next to their bed via USB.  The Mardi Gras has these.  

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I'm curious as to what the need for a USB outlet is.  I see these threads all the time on CC now.  I realize that many of today's electronics and batteries of one kind or another require a USB but doesn't everyone already have one via there phone charger?  And if not, a very small AC outlet/USB adapter certainly can be bought for a few bucks.  What am I missing here?  Is it just the desire for extra USB outlets to have as much capacity possible? 

I have a Kindle ereader that I use every night after I get in bed to read or play a few games of Scrabble before going to sleep. If I haven't had a chance to put it on the charger during the day, at least if the lamps have USB outlets, I can charge it while I'm using it.  Sure I have an adapter to plug into the only electric outlet in the room, has 3 USB outlets, but I'd need a very long cord to reach the bed! I hope to seen the USB outlets on all bedside lamps on all Carnival ships soon.