Cunard 'Announcement Chimes' ring tone

frankp01

On 12/25/2021 at 9:56 AM, frankp01 said:

I really wanted to record the fog horn, but I don't think it was ever used. Or, if it was, I never heard it.

Or how about the ringing og the QM2 bell in the Atrium?

BTW, are those chimes prior to the noon announcement standard across all three Cunard Queens?

33 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Or how about the ringing og the QM2 bell in the Atrium?

I have a list of QM2 To-Dos' I have yet to cross off. Attending the noon bell ringing is still on my list. Assuming all goes to plan, we'll be on board in July and I hope to record the bell then.

33 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

BTW, are those chimes prior to the noon announcement standard across all three Cunard Queens?

I'd be interested to find out. So far we've only been on the QM2.

One of the tasks on my list was to walk all of the staircases from top to bottom. In December we did two of them. I confirmed something I'd always suspected. The artwork in the entire staircase shares a theme. Stairway A has actors and performers (I suppose because it's near the theaters). The artwork in staircase D is all food and dining related. One of the other staircases is nautical. We still have one to go.

Edited by frankp01
typo
  • Like 3

Re: the staircases, brilliant. I hadn't really noticed those themed nuances, however I did fall in love with the C staircase upwards of Deck 7 when it goes narrow.  It got me thinking about the intimate spaces on QM2 that can make it feel like a smaller ship.  So far I've counted 5:

1. C staircase above Deck 7

2. Britannia Club dining rooms on either side

3. The square elevators

4. The "bay" windows (very Lustiantia/Mauretania) off the Kings Court

5. The Atlantic Room on Deck 11 

I will seek to see if there are even a few more on our next crossing! 

IMG_3775.jpeg

IMG_5021.jpeg

DSC00927.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frankp01 said:

I have a list of QM2 To-Dos' I have yet to cross off. Attending the noon bell ringing is still on my list. Assuming all goes to plan, we'll be on board in July and I hope to record the bell then.

Interesting. What else is on your list? (Anyone else have such a list?)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

Yeah, I find the C stair and how it changes from one well to two very interesting.

What about the galleries with the tables for board games and the little pink chairs, where, if you are lucky, the spray washes up over the windows?

42 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

What else is on your list?

I created the list after a few crossings, so we'd still have something new to try each time. Here's my list

Enjoying a Port flight in Carinthia - finally crossed this off
Gym (I'm sorry to say we still haven't used the gym)
Noon bell ringing
Having drinks at the Lounge at the Verandah - it's a nice, quiet little lounge
Champagne tea
Spending time relaxing in the Magrodome (finally did that on the last crossing)
Fencing lessons
Walking all of the stairways top to bottom
Pub Quizzo (it seemed like the quizzes had been mostly moved from the pub to the Carinthia last time. We had a Brit in our party most recently, so I thought having a biNational team would give us a step up, but we still haven't done a full Quizzo contest)

We've spent lots of time on those red chairs on deck 2 or 3 (can never remember which deck it is). Even with gale force 10 and 11 winds during the 13 Dec crossing the waves never crashed against those windows. I was a bit disappointed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

I created the list after a few crossings, so we'd still have something new to try each time. Here's my list

Having drinks at the Lounge at the Verandah - it's a nice, quiet little lounge

We've spent lots of time on those red chairs on deck 2 or 3 (can never remember which deck it is). Even with gale force 10 and 11 winds during the 13 Dec crossing the waves never crashed against those windows. I was a bit disappointed!

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

What about the galleries with the tables for board games and the little pink chairs, where, if you are lucky, the spray washes up over the windows?

We did have drinks in the Verandah lounge this last trip, and it was lovely, if empty.  it would be improved by a few more people sitting in there with you, maybe even a few more tables.  On a previous visit we sat at the bar stools, and they are *very* uncomfortable.  The windows and blanquettes are very "liner-y" (almost SS US imo).

And yes, @exlondoner I was thinking of including those galleries on my list.  They have some of the most dramatic views on the ship, but like Frank for all the time I spent there on this last crossing, not one wave washed over.  Its the first place I go once the waves kick up though!