Escape Bayamo Ocean Blue

FLcruisergrl

27 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Does the Escape Bayamo  Ocean Blue have the take-out window that is open on sea days like the Breakaway? We loved it on the BA and will look forward to it if it is on the Escape.

Nope, no window, no lobster rolls.  I just got off her the most recent time 3 days ago.  Love the ship, but you need Ocean Blue for the lobster roll.  For a different fun thing, sit outside and have Pincho instead, it is awesome!

IMG_20211222_133824.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bassmaster150 said:

Ummm…I am on Escape right now and our reservation is to Bayamo by Ocean Blue.  We are eating there in a few nights from now so if you want more info, let me know…I haven’t seen the window that you speak of though

The window they are speaking of is on the ships that have "Ocean Blue" restaurants.  Escape is Bayamo as they were trying out a new seafood concept.  I think that they made it much more like Ocean Blue as the years have gone on, but they don't have the sea day lobster rolls at the window on the waterfront.  Pretty sure it changed over to the Ocean Blue menu in 2018 (Ship started at 2015).  I have sailed her before and after the change.

6 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Does the Escape Bayamo  Ocean Blue have the take-out window that is open on sea days like the Breakaway? We loved it on the BA and will look forward to it if it is on the Escape.

You get lobster rolls at the American Diner on the Escape (Deck 17 Aft). 

Bayamo was a Latin-inspired seafood restaurant by Iron Chef Jose Garces. Like the original Ocean Blue by Iron Chef Geffeory Zacharian and Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett, NCL eventually terminated their contracts with the celebrities and made the menus more “Normal”. E.g., no more burnt broccoli as a side. 

BTW we think that Pinchos has some of the best food on the ship. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1