Will you cruise on a ship without a Concierge Lounge?

Well, yes. :cool: If you are Diamond or above, or are REALLY attractive, you may come to my cabin for free drinks and................whatever. :D :D :D

Well, I nominate this post for CC post of the year instead! LOL

BTW, spellchecker is really hard to use when coffee splatters block the screen!

.....She asked where she would put her desk if they moved the whole lounge up there...we told her to keep it the way it was...two rooms--one for stuffy people and one for unstuffy?!! people!!!

Wow, guess I'm one of those stuffy people. We used the "original" lounge on our last Brilliance cruise and met some really great people. Until your posting, I didn't realize how stuffy they were. We had Chris as our Concierge and we thought that he was great.

Quote:

She asked where she would put her desk if they moved the whole lounge up there...we told her to keep it the way it was...two rooms--one for stuffy people and one for unstuffy?!!

We agree with that.

So Rick, I guess we won't be sharing a cocktail and some stuffy conversation with you in the lounge on our Jewel cruise in June. Well, hope to meet you at the M&M.

As for Katherine on Brilliance, she was our Concierge in October and we thought she was absolutely top notch. Our cruise followed the fisherman's strike in Barcelona, so we were not able to board until midnight. We had planned on giving our steward our laundry, but he was already (deservedly) asleep by then, so we just put it in the bag for same day service at a 50% premium. We mentioned this to Katherine, and she immediately called the laundry, and then went down there with a chit for complimentary service. All we were after was not having the premium for same day service, but she insisted that it be complimentary. We saw her all over the ship on her off hours, and she never hesitated to say hello and ask if she could do anything for us. I thought she was fantastic, and I hope to see her again.

That must have been Katherine's first cruise as concierge. We were on the cruise before you, the Brilliance Fiasco cruise. We had Chris as concierge. We've never had a bad concierge, although I read a lot of posts criticising concierges that we have enjoyed. Besides being stuffy, I must be easy to please.

I agree with your comments about the extras, they are nice to have. We use the lounge when we travel by ourselves, but if we travel with our kids, they are only Platinum, and so we use the lounge very infrequently on those cruises.

Archived