Will you cruise on a ship without a Concierge Lounge?

I don't wish to be the spelling police, but this made me smile. The nice little nibbly things you get before dinner are hors d'oeuvres, ordure is, um, what comes out of the back end of a cow...

Or were you trying to make a point about the taste and quality of the little nibbly things :p

THANKS!!! at least I made you smile! picky! picky! you know what I meant:eek:

Date and departure port drive our ship decision – not the lounge.

It is not that a concierge lounge is so nice – but the fact that nothing comes close in perks when sailing on a ship without it.

Unfortunately, since becoming diamond we’ve only sailed one ship with the lounge. We were lucky – it was on the Radiance with Willie. He was very nice and provided a concert on the last evening.

I did not know we could use the computer in there. Is it free? See - one always learns something on these boards.

Marci

I didn't even know there was such a thing till recently, so OBVIOUSLY I don't care! Even when I have enough credits to "move on up," I won't care, because it is all about the cruise! Get me on a ship! any ship! with or w/o a lounge!

I'm with Michelle -- I've never experienced a Concierge lounge, so to me it doesn't matter! As long as I can cruise away someplace scenic and/or warm with my wonderful hubby, I'm happy!:)

Let's face it - the people are great, the concierges are nice, but we are all there for the same thing - FREE STUFF.

I think the lounges would be much less crowded if the booze and food was gone but everything else remained...:)

Let's face it - the people are great, the concierges are nice, but we are all there for the same thing - FREE STUFF.

I think the lounges would be much less crowded if the booze and food was gone but everything else remained...:)

Watch what you wish for:)

No, the computers in the Concierge Lounge are not free.

To address the initial question, I don't think we would go on a ship without a concierge lounge again. We are totally spoiled, and I am addicted to the coffee machine. Neither one of us is a big drinker, so it is a nice place to meet people if you're not a barfly.

We have met many many very nice people in the lounge, people we probably would never have seen otherwise.

Now can anyone arrange for a concierge lounge for me at home?

We are Diamond and enjoy the Concierge Lounge. We just returned from the Explorer and met many nice people there. The Concierge, Ricky, was the best that we have ever had. We have the Navigator and Freedom booked--I don't think we would book a ship that didn't have a Concierge Lounge--it is such a wonderful perk!!!

Truffles2-----When is your next cruise?

Tootsie

My next cruise is the first since becoming C & A DIAMOND........

Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to the "Concierge" Experience.

Thanks for all your helpful hints...... I will keep them in mind when I (a) meet lots of nice people, (b) have a really great cup of coffee, and © load up on the free booze :D :D

No, the computers in the Concierge Lounge are not free.

To address the initial question, I don't think we would go on a ship without a concierge lounge again. We are totally spoiled, and I am addicted to the coffee machine. Neither one of us is a big drinker, so it is a nice place to meet people if you're not a barfly.

We have met many many very nice people in the lounge, people we probably would never have seen otherwise.

Now can anyone arrange for a concierge lounge for me at home?

What's wrong with being a Barfly?:p

Merion Mom

We have not met – unless you count the CC board.

I am originally from Phila. and Havertown and moved to South Carolina after college, in the late 70’s. The entire family is in the Phila. area and we get up there 2X per year for some family event. Heading there in mid-May

Marci

We are on the Empress, so no concierge...i would be upset though to be on a ship that has one, as there are 6 in my family, and we can't afford the catagory that would allow us that perk!!! the money we are spending isn't enough!! It kind of makes me upset that only the top notch people get the perks. if it were only two of us, we could afford the higher catagory, and then get in to the lounge! :(

33408408.gif

Archived