Will you cruise on a ship without a Concierge Lounge?

CruisinMike,

Because the Concierge Lounge was full on the Brilliance they opened up the Hollywood Odyssy Lounge for additional space. By doing that I think RCL is addressing the growing numbers of people that continue to cruise on their ships as well as people that spend money on the more expensive rooms.

For the post about people and their Diamond Status. I for one think it is nice that RCI gives perks to people that sail with them. Do people that use frequent flyer miles take flying way to serious? I guess if you don't use the lounge that much then it won't make a difference to you if the ship has one or not. For those that want to use the computer with some privacy, or getting a latte or a cocktail before dinner the Concierge Lounge is very nice. I also liked being able to get the news flyers without having to go downstairs to the Guest Relations.

CruisinMike,

Because the Concierge Lounge was full on the Brilliance they opened up the Hollywood Odyssy Lounge for additional space. By doing that I think RCL is addressing the growing numbers of people that continue to cruise on their ships as well as people that spend money on the more expensive rooms.

For the post about people and their Diamond Status. I for one think it is nice that RCI gives perks to people that sail with them. Do people that use frequent flyer miles take flying way to serious? I guess if you don't use the lounge that much then it won't make a difference to you if the ship has one or not. For those that want to use the computer with some privacy, or getting a latte or a cocktail before dinner the Concierge Lounge is very nice. I also liked being able to get the news flyers without having to go downstairs to the Guest Relations.

Well Said!!!!!

The concierge lounge is nice, but I would certainly not pick a cruise based on whether or not the ship has one. Most are on the small side and can become crowded at "cocktail hour". I like to find a favorite bar and bartender and spend my pre-dinner time there.

I have to say the coffe was great there as is not always the case in other areas of the ships. I did enjoy running down to get a first cup in the am.

I love the lounge. I would not go on one without it. Hi to Max's Mom who I met in the lounge on the Jewel. Next Jan I opted for the Serenade during the same time that my friends are going on the Rhapsody. I have made many good friends in the lounges throughout the years. For the most part we start off with something in common - at least 10 RCL cruises.

We had access to the Concierge lounge on our last sailing because we were in an Owners suite. I thought it was fabulous and "wish" there was one on every ship. That being said, we are now Diamond members so "would" have access to the lounge regardless of our cabin category and our next sailing is a B2B on the Grandeur, which does not have a lounge. So, yes we will sail without one, but LOVE it and wish it were expanded to every ship.

Well said, Driftwoodgal. We had our first experience this past October aboard the Radiance of the Seas. We loved the Radiance, but the lounge was a huge plus. Willie was great, and meeting people there in the evening (they used a lounge due to the large number of people that qualified for the concierge) was a great place to congregate. We now look for cruises on ships with the concierge lounge, although that isn't the only criteria.

Unless you have been on enough cruises to get the perk for free it isn't worth the money. You can usually by alot of drinks for the cost of upgrading your cabin. Common folks be honest. The service isn't what its all about, its about being able to have it when others don't.:rolleyes:

CruisinMike,

Driftwoodgal, that's nice to hear. Hopefully RCCL will look at this as they design their new ships as I have too often found it more comfortable to just search out a lounge "car" to relax then feel like part of the cattle in the "perk" car.

The lounge is nice, but the availability does not have any influence on the cruise that I book. The concierge in the lounge really "makes" the difference. I enjoy my own balcony, and being out and about on the ship. On the Voyager class ships the lounges are interior and don't have any windows.!

Happy cruising.

The lounge is nice, but the availability does not have any influence on the cruise that I book. The concierge in the lounge really "makes" the difference. I enjoy my own balcony, and being out and about on the ship. On the Voyager class ships the lounges are interior and don't have any windows.!

Happy cruising.

I can agree while we would take a cruise with a lounge over not having one the itinerary is more important. And the conciege really makes the difference, we have had 2 great ones so far; Maritza on the Serenade and Francois on the Navigator who will now be on the Freedom. Both really made the cruise better for us. I think the windows keep everyone in the lounge longer, perhaps why Voyager class & Freedom are inside now. And as stated before we love the morning cappacinos right down the hall!

The Concierge Lounge on HAL is different. There are no complimentary cocktails, which I find a nice perk on RCI ships.

True, although not being a big drinker, that didn't occur to me... but it still stands, other lines DO have concierge lounges ;)

So what cocktails do they serve? Wine? Champagne? Port? Amerretto? (ok, I like the occassional drink ;) ).

Can you take drinks/food back to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony?

Boo

True, although not being a big drinker, that didn't occur to me... but it still stands, other lines DO have concierge lounges ;)

So what cocktails do they serve? Wine? Champagne? Port? Amerretto? (ok, I like the occassional drink ;) ).

Can you take drinks/food back to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony?

Boo

They serve no wine, champagne, liquers. Nothing alchoholic. They offer coffees, tea, etc. and some snacks.

In upper categories, room service will deliver nice hor d'oeuvres to the staterooms for pax to enjoy on their balconies without a trip to the Neptune Lounge.

The concierge lounge is on HAL for a place to go to meet for coffee, make excursion and dinner reservations, etc.

Boo,

We didn't take a drink back to our cabin, but I did take them to the dining room with me. I had a Margarita each evening that was wonderful, I hated leaving a good drink on the bar so I took it with me.

Be sure to try out the coffee in the mornings, it is so much weaker than other places on the ship. I hate coffee that will stand a spoon straight up in the cup.

Your concierge can check on lots of things for you all you have to do is ask. I also liked being able to grab a continental breakfast without having to travel to far.

I won't choose my cruises by having a lounge or not having a lounge, but I will be looking at which ships have them. The added extras were very nice to have and it will be even nicer when I receive them because I am a Diamond member.

Has anyone heard anything about RCI adding them to their older ships?

They serve no wine, champagne, liquers. Nothing alchoholic. They offer coffees, tea, etc. and some snacks.

In upper categories, room service will deliver nice hor d'oeuvres to the staterooms for pax to enjoy on their balconies without a trip to the Neptune Lounge.

The concierge lounge is on HAL for a place to go to meet for coffee, make excursion and dinner reservations, etc.

No, hang on we have ot our wires crossed... I KNOW that HAL does not serve alcohol in their concierge lounge ("True, although not being a big drinker, that didn't occur to me" as you can see in my post). I have sailed on HAL in a Cat S....

BUT someone says that the RCCL concierge DOES serve "cocktails" in their concierge lounge (have not sailed RCCL, yet...). SO, what do they serve...

Boo

Boo,

We didn't take a drink back to our cabin, but I did take them to the dining room with me. I had a Margarita each evening that was wonderful, I hated leaving a good drink on the bar so I took it with me.

Be sure to try out the coffee in the mornings, it is so much weaker than other places on the ship. I hate coffee that will stand a spoon straight up in the cup.

Your concierge can check on lots of things for you all you have to do is ask. I also liked being able to grab a continental breakfast without having to travel to far.

Thanks for that.

I like a coffee and bit to eat (fruit or something) before I go to the gym in the morning, so that will work out well... :)

Boo

No, hang on we have ot our wires crossed... I KNOW that HAL does not serve alcohol in their concierge lounge ("True, although not being a big drinker, that didn't occur to me" as you can see in my post). I have sailed on HAL in a Cat S....

BUT someone says that the RCCL concierge DOES serve "cocktails" in their concierge lounge (have not sailed RCCL, yet...). SO, what do they serve...

Boo

In the morning, actually all day, the coffee/cappucino machine and hot/cold water for tea and hot choc is available.

During "cocktail hours" roughly 5:00-8:30 beer, wine, pop, water and a limited selection of mixers with alcohol is available. I say limited because you can't get things like a pina colada, but you can get rum and coke or vodka tonic, etc. At least that was my experience on the Enchantment.

ordure's before dinner,

I don't wish to be the spelling police, but this made me smile. The nice little nibbly things you get before dinner are hors d'oeuvres, ordure is, um, what comes out of the back end of a cow...

Or were you trying to make a point about the taste and quality of the little nibbly things :p

I think it is a great place to meet new people, just like at the dining room, most people go in each night before dinner and have a cocktail, we love it and have made some lastings friends from the social hour at the concieger. We would and have sailed without the lounge, but wish Rc would add them to all the cruises. Royal Caribbean really has great customer service and really appreciates there past guests. Thank you Royal Caribbean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL SAID COLLEEN"!!!!.....Gmoney is missing the boat!!.....The status doesn't mean diddly....however, it is nice that after sailing for TEN cruises..to get a few perks ie. $$$.....We were on the Brill with Driftwoodgal and had our entrance for the first time. It definitely saved us quite a bit of $$$....In 11 days of cruising we bought only TWO beers and TWO cokes.....

ANGELA WHERE ARE YOU??????????....We miss you!!! btw...THANK YOU for the ginger ale and bitters tip....u saved me quite a few nights on the ship!!

I would definitely cruise a ship with a concierge before I cruise one without.

We only went into the actual Concierge lounge to use the computer (cuz they were much faster)--otherwise it was stuffy in there. We went up to the "Odyssey" every night before dinner for drinks and meeting people....

MISS YOU COLLEEN, BOB,BEV,FRED,SARAH,MATTHEW,JOAN,JESS,KAREN,CRAIG,SUE,

BILL,JIM,GERRI....and everyone else we met....

We made some great long lasting friendships in this lounge....and it had nothing to do with the "free drinks"...We were all in a nice lounge, with no kids running around, no smoking, and our favorite private pianist from the 'guest relations office"....MISS U TOO EDWINA

So....the jist of it is....YES we want a concierge lounge on a ship that we sail and NO it has nothing to do with status....obviously you don't know us at all, but status MEANS NOTHING....

Our last two cruses have been in grand suits on the Adventure and Serenade. We really enjoyed the services of the concierge lounge. I don’t think I would pay for a grand suite or higher on a ship without the concierge lounge. If the ship does not have the lounge I think that a junior suite is what I would book, but I hope the concierge lounge will be added to all RCI ships.

Archived