Amber Cove - what to do

dst

We are sailing on the MG and stopping in Amber Cove - any ideas on what to do? We have been to other private Islands but this one seems to be lacking a lot, unless I am missing something. Suggestions on beach or something to do for four adults.

Thanks

Amber Cove is not a private island, but a port that is owned and developed by Carnival. There is a pool, zip line, shops, bars,, restaurants, etc. There are also cabanas for rent, but not an actual beach. 

If you want an actual beach, you will need to book an excursion.  If your group has no mobility issues and is reasonably fit, the 27 (Damajagua) waterfalls excursion Is one of the best we have done in over 30 years of cruising. There are several videos on YouTube that you can view to get an idea of what it involves. We used Marysol  tours and we’re happy. Iguana Mams gets good ratings as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Amber Cove is not a private island, but a port that is owned and developed by Carnival. There is a pool, zip line, shops, bars,, restaurants, etc. There are also cabanas for rent, but not an actual beach. 

If you want an actual beach, you will need to book an excursion.  If your group has no mobility issues and is reasonably fit, the 27 (Damajagua) waterfalls excursion Is one of the best we have done in over 30 years of cruising. There are several videos on YouTube that you can view to get an idea of what it involves. We used Marysol  tours and we’re happy. Iguana Mams gets good ratings as well.

Thanks - Yes I forgot it was not an actual private Island (more like Mahogany Bay) - That excursion sounds fun, thanks for sharing.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:04 AM, dst said:

We are sailing on the MG and stopping in Amber Cove

My sole visit to Amber Cove was a pleasant surprise.  I had no interest in a tour on the island.  I spent a few hours wandering around the area, visiting and speaking with the merchants, shopping for a pocket comb that I somehow had lost (and was surprised to find one for $1), listening to a music group in the central area of the site,  and enjoying a couple of well prepared Rum Punches at one of the cafes.  I hadn't expected much for this port visit and, as I said, I was surprised.

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My sole visit to Amber Cove was a pleasant surprise.  I had no interest in a tour on the island.  I spent a few hours wandering around the area, visiting and speaking with the merchants, shopping for a pocket comb that I somehow had lost (and was surprised to find one for $1), listening to a music group in the central area of the site,  and enjoying a couple of well prepared Rum Punches at one of the cafes.  I hadn't expected much for this port visit and, as I said, I was surprised.

Thank you - Rum sounds good!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Good question; it might not be.   I'm trying to remember what mine looked like.  (I've since had to renew that passport.)  

I've heard rumors of passports being invalidated by commemorative stamps. 

• 3 weeks later...