What information would help you decide whether or not to cancel?

CarolinaMamma

44 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I might have to bring a bottle or two to keep for this 'special occasion.'  

That’s actually a really good idea, and U will add it to my quarantine preparedness list if we decide to go on our cruise.  Along with a corkscrew. 

We did one cruise on a sail away rate (no beverage package) and brought seven bottles of wine onboard, paid the $15/bottle corkage fee and just bought cocktails a la carte. We were able to enjoy much better wines than we would have had on the ship.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

That’s actually a really good idea, and U will add it to my quarantine preparedness list if we decide to go on our cruise.  Along with a corkscrew. 

We did one cruise on a sail away rate (no beverage package) and brought seven bottles of wine onboard, paid the $15/bottle corkage fee and just bought cocktails a la carte. We were able to enjoy much better wines than we would have had on the ship.

I’m going to pack today. Traveling, weather, airport, flight, negative testing, more risk.  But me, makes it all worthwhile trip.  On the ship Friday!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, KimPossible1 said:

Carolina Mamma, our cruise is Monday and I would have cancelled it if we had to fly.  We live close by, so it isn't an inconvenience if we test positive at the port and have to turn around to come home.  I would be very scared to fly right now.  I flew almost 4 weeks ago when things were just starting and was worried then, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that now.  Who knows what another 2 weeks will bring, so maybe sit on it for a little and see how things go, it could get worse from the holidays or it could get a little better 🤷‍♀️ 👍

I was very uncomfortable with flying in coach and won't again until they reduce the passengers on the plane. There is also Z E R O protection other than a mask while in airports or on planes. I felt safer on the cruise. My husband is waiting for results from his test right now. There is a lot out there. We are very volatile with mass travel whether it is plane or ship.  There is much more going on with all means of travel than we are being notified of and, IN MY OPINION, more than what is reported. 

First time I've ever hoped our cruise would be canceled.  Can't afford to just take FCC, so unless NCL cancels and we can get all our $$ back, we are going.  I hope we get excited about it.  My sister testes positive with cold symptoms, my other sister and I, have cold symptoms.  We were all together for Christmas.  All fully vaccinated and boostered.  Very mild cold symptoms.  I don't have any home tests so I don't know if I have it or not.  

• Like 1