Airfare & transfer questions

CruiserKris34

This will be my first X cruise on 2/26.  I see that Airfare is cheaper thru X than on the airline website.  I am surprised since, the airfare always seemed pretty expensive thru RC. 

1) Any negatives to book airfare thru X? 

2) Do the transfers come up after I book?  Are there busses like RC? 

3)  Can you fly in the night before thru X airfare?  

Thanks!  Kris

Good morning!  We always use Celebrity air for a number of reasons.  No payment required until cruise final payment. International  fares are usually much less than the airline.  Domestic fares are comparable. If your flights are delayed or cancelled, Celebrity will assist in rebooking your flights.  You can choose whatever airline, city or date of departure you want.  You can use your points, the same as you would booking directly with the airline.  
Transfers are available pre and post cruise and these can be booked online in Manage My Booking, usually a few weeks prior to your sail date.  Yes, they are busses.  You might want to research private transportation, as well.  We rarely use the cruiseline transfers.

If you have anymore questions, we’ll be happy to assist you.

45 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Good morning!  We always use Celebrity air for a number of reasons.  No payment required until cruise final payment. International  fares are usually much less than the airline.  Domestic fares are comparable. If your flights are delayed or cancelled, Celebrity will assist in rebooking your flights.  You can choose whatever airline, city or date of departure you want.  You can use your points, the same as you would booking directly with the airline.  
Transfers are available pre and post cruise and these can be booked online in Manage My Booking, usually a few weeks prior to your sail date.  Yes, they are busses.  You might want to research private transportation, as well.  We rarely use the cruiseline transfers.

If you have anymore questions, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Wow...thank you!  That is so helpful.  So, let's say our flight is delayed & no fault of ours & we miss the ship.  I know they will help us, but do we have to pay anything?  Or is that a gray area LOL?  Thx!  Kris

Yes, you can book air for the day before or after the cruise. Actually, I believe you can book several days before or after, but I never have. We always fly to the port at least one day early. You can make changes or cancel before final payment at no charge. You can select the flights and airline you want or you can have them search for the best deal on all air lines .And sometimes it is cheaper to book two one way fares with different airlines. I always call them and never use the on line booking. The reps can see all possibilities for your desired dates. The phone is 800-533-7803

Absolutely agree with above.  Booking air through the cruise line has been a great option for us.  Prices are pretty good and if you end up canceling your cruise, you don't have to also deal with airline tickets.  If there's any problem with flight cancellations or weather issues, it's incumbent on Celebrity to get you to the ship.  We have always been able to arrive a day or two before the cruise - no problem.

On the other hand, I would not book transfers right now through the cruise line.  We have found that it was just as easy - and less expensive - to take taxis/Uber to and from cruise port.  We had no desire to get on a bus with 50+ people to get to the airport.  We returned to Port Everglades on December 27 and there were plenty of taxis waiting.    

2 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

Wow...thank you!  That is so helpful.  So, let's say our flight is delayed & no fault of ours & we miss the ship.  I know they will help us, but do we have to pay anything?  Or is that a gray area LOL?  Thx!  Kris

Celebrity will assist you in obtaining a flight either to the embarkation port or to the next port, if it becomes necessary.  This would not cost you anything.  If you require a hotel stay prior to your flight, I believe Celebrity would also take care of that, but only up to a certain amount, as well as meals.  Hopefully, someone here has had that experience and could give you more information than I have.  Celebrity does guarantee that they will get you to the next port of call.