Which Princess INS plan and why?

Cruising Divers

My next 2 cruises are US Based so I just bought Princess insurance (they updated me to Platinum) as I only need to get to shore where my health insurance takes over. Without knowing where you are cruising to/from I cannot fully answer your question 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ombud said:

My next 2 cruises are US Based so I just bought Princess insurance (they updated me to Platinum) as I only need to get to shore where my health insurance takes over. Without knowing where you are cruising to / from I cannot fully answer your question 

TY! We are RT from Seattle with stops in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria Canada.

9 minutes ago, Cruising Divers said:

We have an Alaskan cruise coming up in May with Princess and have another few weeks to decide on which insurance plan to buy (Standard or Platinum). Which plan do you recommend/did you buy and why? TYIA!

I never buy cruise line insurance.  I use Insuremytrip.com to reasearch and buy a comprehensive plan that has policy inclusions I need and want with much higher limits and usually half the cost of the cruise line plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruising Divers said:

TY! We are RT from Seattle with stops in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria Canada.

My next cruise ins = $39 but the one after that is 8%. So it depends on your hc ins. Mine will let me get care anywhere in an emergency and remain there if necessary. (KAISER)

Cruise line insurance simplifies claims (and I'm cautious these days). 

Bottomline: buy insurance.  FWIW I've read that Princess insurance is refunded if Princess cancels. Other travel insurance may be cheaper but not refundable if Princess cancels.

I usually do not recommend Princess insurance as their medical limits are low but since you will mostly be in the US and I assume your personal insurance policy will cover you in US ports - I do recommend Princess insurance and would recommend Platinum. The most important thing this will give you is a cancel for any reason choice and give you future cruise credit to use at a later time.