Question about the Abbott BinaxNow Covid-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth

earthpoet

1 hour ago, Definitas said:

Did you have to create an account on a mobile device first (i.e. phone) before you logged on using a laptop or did you do it all on the laptop? 

I did it all on the laptop. Never downloaded the app to my phone at all.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I did it all on the laptop. Never downloaded the app to my phone at all.

Thats very interesting thanks for letting me know. I read a post on another site that said it couldn’t be done without the app, which seemed strange. 

22 minutes ago, Definitas said:

Thats very interesting thanks for letting me know. I read a post on another site that said it couldn’t be done without the app, which seemed strange. 

The emed website has a START TESTING link to click on when you are ready to test. It takes you to the Navica page where you can create an account and test. You would need the app on your phone to access the results at the port if you do not want to print them.

1 minute ago, snowballs mom said:

The emed website has a START TESTING link to click on when you are ready to test. It takes you to the Navica page where you can create an account and test. You would need the app on your phone to access the results at the port if you do not want to print them.

Thanks for the information. It all makes sense now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

You would need the app on your phone to access the results at the port if you do not want to print them.

On your phone, you can show the PDF that's attached to the email they send you. No need for the app to show results on your phone.

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

On your phone, you can show the PDF that's attached to the email they send you. No need for the app to show results on your phone.

Just make sure you receive that email. My husband got his no problem - mine did not show up and I had to call them to have it sent. For us it was an issue since I wanted printed copies just in case I did not have good cell service at the port.

• Like 1

Watching a youtube video of the proctored test it seems the instructions say that the test kit must not be opened until the video link is established and you are connected with the person supervising the test. . What if you are sharing a test pack and the second person logs on with the box already open? 

1 hour ago, Definitas said:

Watching a youtube video of the proctored test it seems the instructions say that the test kit must not be opened until the video link is established and you are connected with the person supervising the test. . What if you are sharing a test pack and the second person logs on with the box already open? 

There is only one test per box for the eMed tests, so it's not an issue. The ones with two tests in the box are not the proctored tests. 

25 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

There is only one test per box for the eMed tests, so it's not an issue. The ones with two tests in the box are not the proctored tests. 

That is not true. The link on the Celebrity website takes you to the Optum website where only boxes containing 2 tests or 3 tests are available and both are described as proctored tests. 

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack-cc

46 minutes ago, Definitas said:

That is not true. The link on the Celebrity website takes you to the Optum website where only boxes containing 2 tests or 3 tests are available and both are described as proctored tests. 

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack-cc

The Optum "2 pack" is two separate kits/boxes. Each individually sealed. 

Similarly the eMed "6 pack" comes as 6 separate boxes. 

This differs from the over the counter binaxnow non-proctored tests which have two tests inside one box.

Edited by Islandhop9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Islandhop9 said:

The Optum "2 pack" is two separate kits/boxes. Each individually sealed. 

Similarly the eMed "6 pack" comes as 6 separate boxes. 

Sorry, I didn’t realise that. I watched their online video and it gives the impression that it’s one box containing 2 tests. 

12 minutes ago, AliceS said:

I’ve heard of using a phone or laptop…..what about an iPad?   That’s what I hope to use.

People have said, including a friend of mine (so first hand) that there are sometimes issues with using Ipads.

We used my laptop.  We have a web cam from when we were doing our dance lessons via zoom in 2020 (fun stuff), but it doesn't work with emed, so instead I just moved the laptop lid between steps so the camera was always where the proctor wanted it.

We had a backup appointment scheduled, but we used the test kits because they were expiring a few days after we tested.

If they extend the testing requirement into April, we'll buy a 6 pack from emed.

17 hours ago, Definitas said:

Sorry, I didn’t realise that. I watched their online video and it gives the impression that it’s one box containing 2 tests. 

I've ordered a goodly number of the test kits over the last several months, and I assure you that @Islandhop9 and I are correct. I can see how you thought otherwise, though.

No worries. It's always good to clear things up, especially right now! Cheers! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I've ordered a goodly number of the test kits over the last several months, and I assure you that @Islandhop9 and I are correct. I can see how you thought otherwise, though.

No worries. It's always good to clear things up, especially right now! Cheers! 

It really does help. I’ve already leaned a lot from people posting and I’m bringing along 2 Adult kids and one Grandchild and some live in UK and some in the US so I'm coordinating it all. 

• Like 2

On our Jan 3 Equinox cruise, all they looked at was the printed test results (Abbott) (not on app).  I had read on CC that it goes faster if you have printouts of Xpress Pass and covid results.  Went smoothly for us.  

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 4:51 PM, earthpoet said:

Thanks, everyone. Well, hopefully we won't have any snafus and will only need the one, two-pack kit that I have on order. There wouldn't be enough time to get a new kit delivered if one of the tests (or proctors!) is invalid. Will consider ordering another $69 spare kit, just in case. 

Happy cruising,

Lisa

My snafu was my husband trying to be helpful opened the box and set up everything beforehand. Thankfully I bought an extra test!!!

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:02 AM, Definitas said:

Did you have to create an account on a mobile device first (i.e. phone) before you logged on using a laptop or did you do it all on the laptop? 

You can create an account either on your PC or Phone and can use it on either.   It is a one time process of creating an account.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:47 AM, CruiseNYC said:

Interesting.  We had the exact same issue.  The proctor was extremely difficult to understand and it seemed as if the volume on his side was turned way down.  We could not hear him and, when we could, it was very difficult to understand him.  Fortunately, as we are complete tech idiots, we had asked our daughter to come over to help.  

There are many people on here who have said it was fairly straightforward.  That's probably true if you are somewhat tech savvy.   We were very happy to have our DD here to help decipher the instructions.

I had the same experience and someone told me I needed a hearing aid.   So much for our snarky members.

I had a problem with the 1st agent but none with the second one who read my results.   My hearing may be declining but instead chose to use headphones and It helped in our second rounds of tests.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2022 at 12:03 PM, Definitas said:

I chuckled when I saw the YouTube.    I've never been one to follow rules and opened the end of the box which is not sealed and looked inside to confirm everything was there and there was reagent in the bottle.     I then put it all back inside and looked undisturbed.    For the agent I used a knife to cut the seal.    I guess you could always scotch tape the seal closed if broken and they would probably be none the wiser.

BTW -  for the proctored test you receive 2 individually sealed kits that only have one test inside each box.     The over the counter ones without proctored  have 2 tests in the box.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Definitas said:

You are correct but you get 2 or 3 boxes.   There is only 1 test in each of the Protector test boxes.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I had the same experience and someone told me I needed a hearing aid.   So much for our snarky members.

I had a problem with the 1st agent but none with the second one who read my results.   My hearing may be declining but instead chose to use headphones and It helped in our second rounds of tests.

Being told that I needed a hearing aid would have been more kind than what our darling daughter uttered😆